New Years Eve & New Years Day 2023

8 Likes

Holy crap I would be lying if I said temptation wasn’t EVERYWHERE over this holiday. Bottles open places. People drinking. Open bars. So much opportunity for sneaking. Lots of whispers in my own head, oh you’ve been so good, just one, you can stick to one, you’re fiiiiine. I screamed in my own head, muttered under my breath, sometimes even said aloud my mantra of WINNING- Never Question the Decision. And I feel clear. I feel proud. I feel ready. I feel excited. I feel rested. I raise a sparkling cranberry juice to my sober 2023.

8 Likes

Made it through sober, grateful!!
Happy New Year sober family :tada::tada::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Local Las Vegas NA group put-on a NYE party; my first sober NYE since 1991!!!

Content & Grateful

13 Likes

I got a new flight simulator app and didn’t actually notice the new year because I was too busy repeatedly crashing a 737.

4 Likes

I love this!! Going to whisper your mantra as needed!! Thanks for the suggestion!

And go you!!

1 Like

I stayed in with my cat and watched films, drunk tea and was the first new years sober, going 7.5 days now and feeling good, dont want to go back to alcohol

4 Likes

Hi guys. I drank on New Year’s Eve. I’m not sure how to feel about it. I know I’m not comfortable with drinking and it reaffirmed that for me so I’m glad that came out of it. I’m still processing everything right now so I don’t have much to say, I’m sorry. Thank you guys for your support.

4 Likes

I think it’s great you’re back. How is the processing going?

1 Like

The processing is going okay. I am trying to shake all shame and guilt because that’s only going to hold me back. I’m glad I didn’t get absolutely plastered and hurt myself or others. not that drinking in general was okay either. I don’t feel like my year and a half was for nothing and I think this was a fruitful experience despite it being a set back. I appreciate being sober SOOOO much. I feel so good being sober and my body thanks me for it! The day after, I wasn’t even hungover hardly but my body felt like shit and I had terrible anxiety! So yeah. That’s where I’m at! Just trying to not be hard on myself and keep positive vibes and learn from the experience.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good place to be. Glad you’re not going down the rabbit hole of shame and overthinking. Your previous sober time is not lost or wasted. It is still valuable and something you can continue to build on. And when we turn mistakes into lessons, those mistakes are valuable too. :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for being so supportive! I was so scared that I was going to get some hate on here. But I should know that’s not what this platform is for! Drinking made me recognize how much I actually enjoy being sober. I also am a nurse and see so many patients who OD or who are paying for their habits. So it puts things into perspective for me.

3 Likes