Newbie hit my 6months the other day

Hi my name’s Aaron Di Giacomo I’m 22 and I’m an addict and I’m new here. Im currently at Riverbend residential it’s a cope facility I have my own apt and it’s very nice. Just wanted to join the community I’m currently 6months clean off opioids, benzos, coke and meth. Will take any types of encouragement, advice, knowledge. I’m currently going to 15hours a week of group at my rehab it’s a new rehab they built it just last year and it’s a 9month program I get my own apartment free for 9months. So it’s awesome here and I’m feeling good and I’m happy for the first time in a while. Looking for any types of encouragement,advice, words of wisdom, motivational talk and looking to meet some sober friends because I have none and I’m new to Arizona I moved here in 2019 but sadly went to prison within months for 3 years and I’ve been out for 1 and a half years but got out in jan 2022 and relapsed and got arrested within a year and I got out 3 months ago and I’m on intensive probation but I’m doing very well on it and it’s not a probelm for me it actually gives me some structure. But I went first to Los altos rehab and like I said early I’m now at Riverbend which is a step down in a good way I have a lot of freedom here and trust and this community is so good here at the apartments. Well that’s a little about me and what’s going on and I’m looking forward to meeting new people and continuing this journey . Much love and be safe :two_hearts::two_hearts:

7 Likes

What’s up Aaron. Welcome to the community. This a great site, with a ton of people dealing with all different addiction’s willing to ride with you on you’re sober journey. Congrats on you’re 6 months of sobriety.:muscle::v:

Welcome here Aaron,
Congratulation with your 6 months milestone! :confetti_ball:
Your young, so I’m glad you are ready to change your life for the better! So mutch time ahead of you living sober and better than life in prison ore intoxicated.
See you around! :raising_hand_woman:

Thank you bro I appreciate it looking forward to it

1 Like

Thank you 6 months is only the beginning but it’s a start and ya for sure much better this way feels good!

2 Likes

Welcome Aaron and congratulations on your 6 months clean. Great share.
I’m glad you found us. This has been a great sober community for me to share and get and give support to and from others just trying to take it ODAAT.
Have a good read around.
My home thread is Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4 - #560 by Bootz
I almost never start a day without doing my gratitude list and reading all the others on the daily. We got so much to be grateful for when we are sober.
Lights are always on. Pull up a chair.
Join in when your comfortable.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

Edit.
I hope to see more of that handsome fellow on the pet thread. She has a face like my Minnie.

1 Like