Newfound Sobriety

Your makeup looks really pretty! Enjoy your evening.

1 Like

I’m not using AA, I’m 4 days sober and just sticking with this app and support from my family.

2 Likes

Your work is awesome. Keep doing it :fist:t3::fist:t3::fist:t3:

1 Like

@Lashline congrats on winning, both the award and 25 days! That’s awesome!

1 Like

@Dejavu Thank you. I’m glade you are still here. We really are going to make it one month, I can feel it! In the beginning one month sounded impossible…

@Lashline I’m not going anywhere! 30 days, here we come!

1 Like

Hi there, I’ll be back here regularly - is a great support! It helps to read others experiences, suggestions and tips. I also use Smart recovery online meetings and read or listen to recovery books. No AA for me.

2 Likes

You’re super awesome keep up the great journey

1 Like

You’re very welcome we all need to smile.Im95 days and counting clean of cocaine and alcohol.God is so awesome

1 Like

Your attendance should never be brought up outside of a meeting. What you see there, hear there STAYS there. I think it’s comforting to have the fellowship of a meeting. It might be a bit nerve racking walking through the door but you will find “your” people inside

2 Likes

I agree with @chad_r

I actually got to my first AA meeting b/c of a resentment. Someone who I felt had other intentions other than a 12 step call, told me that I would not go to one on my own and that I needed to be walked in to the meeting. No one was going to tell me that I couldn’t…so I did on my own. And I have been coming back ever since.

I have been embarrassed by who saw me in the rooms and I have felt bad that certain people saw me there. But in the end we are all there for the same reason and to help each other. That is what I have to remember.

3 Likes

4 Likes

30 Days!!! We did it @Dejavu!!!
I’m not sure what time the parade starts… jk
I’m super excited for us!
What’s next?

6 Likes

Well done keep it up theres a great journey ahead wish you well

1 Like

Congrats on 30, that’s awesome!

Aa wasn’t for me nor was na, it takes a lot of family support and will to keep on the right path

We sure did @Lashline! Let’s keep this going!

1 Like

I’ve got a big challenge coming up in 2 weeks. Going to Vegas for a couple of days then Phoenix for a music festival. Then I’ll be home alone for 3 days with no parental supervision. My only saving grace is my wife and kids will be with me in Vegas, she.doesnt drink. And my 3 sister’s in Phoenix, one of which has been sober for 5 months, so we can lean on each other to stay strong. It’s the 3 days alone that I worry about, but with this forum, some prayers, I have a positive outlook and sure I will be ok.

I’m at 20 days, too! Just decided I needed a change! Good luck with it. Just taking it day by day.

1 Like

@NH2015
Thank you for mentioning Smart Recovery. I had never known these other programs were out there and now I’ve just signed up with them. Appreciate it.
AA isn’t for me either…and even if it was there aren’t any meetings close enough to me. I know it’s helped so many people though.