No booze last week

Lasted Mon -Fri last week no booze, then went nuts at the weekend, hope this app can help.

1 Like

It can if you make the most of it, there are lots of searchable threads and people will be more than willing to try to help if you reach out.
Welcome :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Read, read and read…
Read all the treads you can find here about your addiction and how to beat it.
Read recovery books like the big book from AA ore the Naked mind from Annie Grace.
Listen to podcast like the recovery elevator. Try every suggestion and tips you find. Work hard and succeed. If I can so do you!
And welcome 🙋

3 Likes

Now gone 14 days no alcohol, have been doing some fitness, put on weight due to eating lots of chocolate etc, cravings for sweet things are going. Lockdown has helped I guess. Have 4 cans of beer in the fridge for safe keeping

There is a difference between being dry and having some comfort and serenity in sobriety. Going two weeks dry is an accomplishment that us alcoholics can truly appreciate. Have a look around here for ways to build your sobriety program. There is a discussion thread, Resources for our recovery that has great alternatives to live contacts. It was started long before the virus forced most of us away from personal contacts and has lots of books, movies, and online resources to consider.

The practical program of the 12 steps of AA is what got a solid foundation under me, and I recommend that anyone who wants recovery from addiction give it a try.

Those four beers you have for safekeeping? They would be truly safe if you store them down the drain.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your recovery journey.

2 Likes

Those 4 beers will turn into (fill in your number).
For me anyway. I can’t open the fridge and have them tempting me!

1 Like

Welcome Sam_Baker! This app is very helpful with support but you have to do the hard work. Try reading the AA Big Book. It will explain why you do what you do with alcohol. It’s what we all do with alcohol. Once you understand that you will be able to get.a handle on this. We as alcoholics can’t drink. We can’t have just one glass of wine with dinner. Our brains can’t accept just one drink. So if you truly want to be and stay sober, weekend benders are not going to work. Read everything you can read here, read the Big Book for free at AA.org, find your Higher Power and have faith that you can do this.