No more alcohol = no more

That’s great Knives! Much luck sent to you…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Definitely a lot of things familiar here. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Dam looks like my list to :joy:

1 Like

I had my doubts about if I am really an alcoholic but I’m so relate with everything you wrote…it’s time to leave lies and take action in recovery. Congrats for your 74 days!

3 Likes

I’m 8 days sober and it feels like I’m dying on the inside at this point. I really needed to see your list as a reminder of why I want and need to stay sober. One thing I would add to it would be seeing the look of disappointment from my kids when they see I’ve been drinking. Again, thank you, congratulations and I wish you all the success in the world!

6 Likes

Was on day 4 sober relapsed yesterday feeling like shit today . Start again today. Any tips or motavation …

1 Like

Are you getting any help or support, like a program? If you’re just doing it on your own it’s a tough go. Your post reminded me of when I was young and feeling what your kids are feeling.
I truly hope you can do it. :heart:

1 Like

I’m doing it on my own and I’m determined to accomplish it. I try to get my husband to go to the beach or anywhere with me to keep busy and stay on track but he never wants to go anywhere and wont give me the car keys to leave the house by myself so I just have been sleeping a lot when I’m not working to make the extra time pass quicker.

2 Likes

Hey @S111 !
Been on relapse alley twice my friend.
You must be feeling pretty bad right now! I’m here for you :slight_smile: I’ll do my best to help you.

Is this your first one?
I would suggest you try to find out what pushed you to a relapse. It’s nasty to dig in your feelings and emotions.
Remind yourself of all the positives of sobriety. And all the bad things this drug has done for you.
A sober life is a better life! :slight_smile:

If you want you can dm me and we’ll talk some more. I’m here! You’re not alone.

2 Likes

Good on you for accepting your relationship with alcohol has impacted your life negatively. I am also on the same path as you and am determined to do it on my own. I know from experience that comments relating to attending a program being the only way to quit, can actually be more demoralising than helpful. There is no doubt that AA and other 12 step programs have impacted the lives of millions of people for the better, but addiction isn’t a one size fits all disease and differs from person to person. The idea that you HAVE to attend a program to get clean simply isn’t true. A 12 step program may make the process far easier for some - but not all. Hold you head up high and know that it can be done by sheer willpower. I believe in you just as much as I believe in myself.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s about all she wrote lol. In a nutshell that’s the jist of dependency. An I can totally relative done all those and maybe a lil bit more lol just a lil ahhaa. But its insanity that actually makes me think I’m missing out or the flavor was just to irresistible to stop doing it. Ridiculousness no one wants to go through all the drama rite at the end of the day no offense to anyone but ice rather square up to stay around get me.

1 Like

Ahhhhhmmmaaazzziiinnnggg!!! Thanks for posting! Beyond true!!!

1 Like

I have 2 books I downloaded from Audibles; I’m done with one. It says I can share it if you’d like it. It’s free to listen but I think you’ll have to sign up but you won’t have to buy anything. If you’re interested PM me your email. :blush:

1 Like

No more acting like im not a married man. I made many stupid decisions drinking but this is what haunts me the most now that im sober

2 Likes

I’d like that. Thank you. I’m at work now but I’ll pm you afterwards. Have a great day.

1 Like

@MJT81. I’ve been stay sober with this app (no meetings, etc). You can do it. Have you looked into a new hobby? On line class? Tedious but really should be done home project? Any or all can help give you value and reward.
Keep checking in here daily. It really does get better and easier. I’m at 130 and I have no urge or desire for chardonnay or champagne. My DOC.
Stay safe, healthy and sober. And if you are in the US, happy 4th

2 Likes

Just… plain… perfect!

I love this thread! Been thinking about my list for a while so here goes.

No more alcohol = no more…

• Headaches from Hell
  • Bowel movement’s from Hell (sorry)
  • Being mean to the people I love
  • Saying stupid things
  • Wasting large amounts of cash on food, drugs, more drink when already drunk.
  • Feeling exhausted the next day
  • Cancelling plans last minute and letting people down because I feel shite
  • Driving over the limit, even the next day!
  • 2 day hangovers
  • Promising myself I would change, then doing it all again a few days later and hating myself

I wish us all a wonderful long sober life that we can remember! :blush::pray:

5 Likes

lol yes to all of the above. wishing u all the best!!! :heart:

1 Like

No more wasted weekends!

No more apologizing for stuff I don’t remember the night before!