No more killing myself

I have been a heavy drinker for years and its time for change. I honestly have everything I’ve always wanted but I’m ruining it slowly by drinking. Today my wife gave me a choice and I choose to stop drinking. Its crazy but when I drink it seems to give me tons of energy I normally don’t have. Honestly don’t know why it effects me this way but without drinking my energy is low and always seem to go to bed early. Well, today is my first day and will take it one day at a time. I can do this.

18 Likes

Welcome! From my experience alcohol contains a lot of sugar as well as metabolizes into more sugar as well if I’m correct and maybe that’s what’s giving you the energy?A lot of people when they get sober including me keep sweets on hand to help with the cravings. Just an idea good luck!!

5 Likes

Welcome! Quitting the booze was one the most important and rewarding thing I’ve done, and I’m sure it’ll be the same for you.

I too used to get amped when drinking, but the thing is, when I wasn’t drinking, I was dragging ass because I was hungover. My energy level went way up after a month or two after I quit, far beyond when I was drinking. Hopefully you’ll find the same!

Anyhow, welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome Tony! I would encourage you to find healthier ways to get energy :slight_smile: I’m glad you found us and you’ve decided to get sober!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone

2 Likes

Hey welcome!

1 Like

Welcome Tony!
Here’s a couple threads loaded with info on how people have gotten sober and stayed sober.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey

3 Likes

Hi Tony and welcome! Congrats on beginning this new chapter…it’s not always easy, but if you can dig deep and fight hard the destination is beautiful on so many levels.

You have some fantastic folks here to cheer you, guide you and inspire you!

You just have to be open…and be willing to fight for you, because your worth it…and your stronger than you know!

Wishing you every success!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

1 Like

Here, here!..to not killing ourselves any further. So glad you’re here & please keep coming back!

1 Like