Nobody told me about 90 days

I just want to thank you all for helping me through that. I honestly see this place as my collective sponsor. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

9 Likes

Thank you, that is awesome. I hold grudges and I know I need to stop that.

4 Likes

Don’t mistake pain for pleasure.

2 Likes

A couple of drinks don’t feel painful to me, but I get what you mean. Drinking alone isn’t painful. What’s painful is getting wasted and I don’t do that when I’m alone.

We’re different then. I mainly got wasted alone🤣

2 Likes

Good deal. We are here for you. Hive mind.

2 Likes

hey please dont give up please dont give in it may be tough right now things may not be going your way right now drinking will only burry you more into that hole of negativity drinking to supress all of that well you know how it goes think about what has happened since you stopped drinking think of the benefeits you recieved dont give up its lifes way of trying to see how much you can take how many blows can you handlegrab life by the neck and drag that sucker through the pavement :muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:#SOBER STRONG

1 Like

Fuck those people who think you can’t do anything right. Keep going and show the world that you can do anything. Anything. You mentioned that the main upside for you is the weight loss, so focus on that. Look at the weight you’ve lost and think how good it will feel when you’ve lost a little more (or a lot, I don’t know your weight goals) plus knowing that you’ve done something incredibly difficult. But really, in the end, it might not hurt to write down the pros and cons of drinking and of not drinking. It can really do something for your brain when you see it written out. I think that might help you. Because yeah, seriously, why the hell should you quit? I’m sure you have your reasons. But 90 days is hard. It really is. I have a bad habit of relapsing on my DOC around the 50-60 day mark. It just seems to get so hard a few months in. I think that’s the hump we all have to get over to see the light on the other side. One more thought is that you never know who is going to walk into your life. You may end up meeting someone in your sober life that you never would have met when you were drinking. Who knows? Life is strange. (Also fuck that guy who ghosted you. His loss.) Hang in there.

3 Likes

Hi hun . Do you really really want to go back to day 1 and undo all that hard work you’ve put in all in the name of some douchebag ( who clearly wasn’t worth any of your time) and some mentalist boss ?
Stay strong , you can do it . You’ll feel like you’ve got super powers because of your strength once you’ve got through this .
Goid luck and hugs x

3 Likes

This is a classic trick of the addict brain, it’s trying to grasp for the last bit of control it has to get you back in the destructive loop and dependency, the urges and cravings won’t dissappear magically but hitting the 90 days mark means that your brain has started to rewire itself and neurologically manages the physical dependency on substance and alcohol better, so keep pushing, breath deeply, listen to recovery podcasts and go for walks while listening to soothing affirmations, enjoy delicious food or anything that brings joy into your days because you deserve it and you will hit the milestone and keep moving forward :heart:

9 Likes

Hi,
Who’s really has the final say in how you feel here? Your co-worker? Your ex? The monkey on your shoulder telling you everything will be fine if only you let alcohol back in your life (just like before???!!!). No you, or at least you can come to have control of your feelings and your life unless you pick up a drink again.
Who really matters? You. I know we can feel despondent at times and things and people can seem to do their best to derail us, sometimes it seems an uphill struggle, but as you have no doubt noticed people on here will attest to the fact that it is worth pushing through to a better life. :pray::heart:u

5 Likes

Glad you got through that little tantrum. Good to see. Sometimes it’s good just to get it out there.
Well done.
You need to find other ways to deal with things.
The co-worker? Flip the finger to their back and get enjoyment from thinking up ways to spray foam their lunch box etc.
The guy ghosting you, whatever that is, who needs him anyway.
Seems to me the only purpose he has served is to get you thinking in the right direction.
You must have had other reasons, health wealth etc.
Remember them, and work with it.
Well done for not picking up, and yes there are milestones that are painful.

5 Likes

Having a drink will just lead you down that dark path you have worked hard to get off. Plus the hangover and anxiety. Come on. Take a deep breath and relax

1 Like

You have come so far don’t let anything get in the way of ur progress :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

For me it’s not about when or how many drinks, I have this part figured out because I learned about the pattern of my drinking. Although our life events for drinking may be different, many of us drink because we are thinking ‘fuck it’, and want to escape. I know for me that one drink is almost always too many because it starts the crazy train. I don’t like my overall thoughts and behaviour when I am intoxicated - the initial escape feeling becomes anxiety, fear, self doubt and anger. It’s not worth the agony. Being sober for me is just being ‘me’, as they say it’s a journey into ourselves which takes time and compassion for ourselves.

3 Likes

This is your addict brain trying to reassert itself. This is like saying “why live if I’m just going to die one day?”

Here’s the truth: COVID will end one day. We are closer to the end of this, than we are to the beginning. The likelihood of your meeting someone and building a life with them is much greater sober, than it is if you are engaged in the slow death of drinking.

Early milestones sometimes mess with the heads of the newly sober. As we approach this day, we begin measuring our lives against the expectations we’ve set. The reality of “day 90” is that it falls between “day 89” and “day 91”. It’s just a day and any day has the potential to be measured and labeled “good” or “bad”. The lesson I have learned is that the day can be what I make of it.

I’ve had some pretty good “bad days” and some bad “good days”. Each day has some of each element in it. But any day that I start and end sober is a better day than any day I spent drinking. Why? Because, I am free, and I’ll take hard freedom over easy bondage any day.

There’s a season for everything and everyone. COVID will end. You will meet new people. You will connect with some of them, and some of them will be special. Keep marching forward in your sobriety, so you will be ready to make the most of those days when they come.

13 Likes

Well said, my man.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

:hugs: Thank you, I got through it thanks to all of you.

7 Likes

That’s a victory right there. Great!! I was going to check the thread and see how you were doing. Just for today let’s not drink together
:pray:t2::black_heart:

1 Like