Non alcoholic beers?

Anyone use these on days you feel like an actual beer? Ive found they help with easing the desire after one. Whats the general feeling towards them?

4 Likes

I used them over the weekend had 2 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. I am fairly new to sobriety so it eased that craving of an actual beer. However on Sunday I told myself why drink them? Im seeking the feeling actual alcohol gives me and I just felt dumb. Like this is so unnecessary but it helped with the cravings. I am looking forward to this upcoming weekend. God willing and I am going to use my will to not seek them out.

3 Likes

Always let back to the real thing for me. Non-alcoholic drinks are for non-alcoholics :wink:. There is already a lot on this topic if you use the search function.

6 Likes

This question comes up very often.Use the magnify glass at the top and search “non alcoholic”. You’ll find a lot of people say they don’t drink it for various reasons and a few that enjoy it.

3 Likes

I would say please please no! No ifs ands or butts! Non-alcoholic beer does contain an amount of alcohol. And remember the minute you put that in your system your body is going to start craving it all over again. If you’ve been sober since 2019 it’s not worth a chance. It’s just a gateway trust me. Been there done that!

5 Likes

I agree. I used to think they were helpful but then if I went to dinner at a place that didn’t have any available, I found myself gravitating towards the real thing out of desperation.

1 Like

Really depends on who you ask.

I kind of think they are a bit of a wheel spinner, I used to drink to get drunk, so it would just piss me off :rofl:. It would be akin to smoking THC free weed or snorting hydrochloride free cocaine, seems silly to do that.

1 Like

Non alcoholic beer is for non alcoholics.

Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

I’ve used them throughout my sobriety. They take the edge off for me, but i know for some its just a teaser and led back to drinking actual beers. I’ll have 3 years in August and I’ve always drank NAs since I’ve sobered up.

4 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t work for me. Glad it works for you, thats great!! Keep it up!!

3 Likes

I can have one if I want and not want the real thing. I always say it’s the mindset; I don’t drink anymore. Not to say when I was early in sobriety it was easy, I did try then and it didn’t work. Now I’m fine with it.

I agree with those who are saying if its something that’s helping you early on or even years after and it doesn’t get you back to the real thing enjoy it. I am slowly getting rid of the cravings completed 2 weeks on my road to 20 days. Maybe the cravings will come back later on again who knows but I know that for me they have helped.

Also this was meant to be a general reply Lol. I guess I press the wrong reply button :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m the same way. I have seedlip (na gin) na champagne and different mocktails on hand all the time. I don’t crave the real thing. Over 3 years sober and it works for me. Makes me feel more “normal” in a social setting, honestly. Gotta do what works for you! Congrats on 8 days :heart:

3 Likes

My favorite is a Virgin Moscow mule. Just alcohol free ginger beer and lime juice poured over ice in those cool mule glasses. Super refreshing

2 Likes

I enjoy my na athletic brewing. I’ve said it many times that I would get hammered on whiskey, but I was a huge beer snob. If there wasn’t a good ipa I wouldn’t have a beer and if there was I could stop at one with no issue. It really comes down to the person. I never got drunk off beer so for me it was about the taste and not the feeling, so NA beer is no problem for me.

3 Likes

I can’t understand how this would in any way be any kind of a good idea. Its an absolute NO for me. I drank beer to get drunk, never for any other reason. Actually, the whole non alcoholic beer thing just makes me mad. Senseless. Sorry, this triggered me and my only 4 days sober.

3 Likes

This :point_up_2:… thank you!!! I got seriously triggered by this whole thread.

1 Like

I’m fine. Sobriety for me is learning to navigate triggers.

3 Likes

Each to their own!

Not for me though, don’t want to romanticise drinking a substance which ruined my life

I can knock back 12 N/A beers in 30 mins, that’s not normal

6 Likes

I’ve never tried NA beers during my attempts at sobriety, to be honest with you. I don’t think I need to. I’m too afraid to try them :laughing: :rofl: . But you do you. Whatever helps.

I drink coffee, green tea, and sparkling water. Sparkling water reminds me of those seltzer
alc. drinks.

Take care. Good luck with your sobriety.

1 Like