Non sexist question for you sober ladies

Non sexist as this is to do with menstral cycles…but any of you guys that have sober ladies in your lives know about this then your input is very welcome :blush:

Bit personal but…Ladies have any of you that have been sober for a while noticed any changes with your periods? Im wondering if this is a sobriety thing? Im 3 weeks in and hadnt had a period for months and months…i was thinking it was my implant but its been in 2 years so not recently done…well ive just got my period…seems a strange coincidence its come now im 3 weeks sober…

2 Likes

i had a friend who had a similar problem. she went to her doctor amd was told, that consuming a lot of alcohol (he used the term massive amount of alcohol) can skip your period. because alcohol has influence on your hormones.

so, yes, it might be because you are sober that you just got your period.

be happy about it, because it shows, that your body is going to regenerate. it’s a good thing :wink:

3 Likes

Hello Kelly,
this issue has been discussed on the forum. You can use the magnifying glass to search topics with key words.

I can recommend this thread

4 Likes

Thanks both of you, Olivia i shall checkbthe magnifying glass in future…thanks for the link :blush:

3 Likes

I lost my period in my addiction, probably went 2 years without a period and when I got clean my cycle came back! Heavy as fuck might I add. It’s our bodies recalibrating and getting healthy since we’re not putting all that crap in it anymore! Sounds really normal to me.

1 Like

I feel for you all having to deal with hormonal issues :pensive:

Just think what it’s like for us blokes though, we only get a weeks grace a month. It’s either because it’s the week before, during or after the period :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I didn’t know that. My cycle has always been extremely irregular from peer-teen to adulthood. Since I’ve stopped drinking about 3 years ago (at 28) my cycle comes way more regularly. Good to know

1 Like

Thanks all, lol Darren…i choose not to get involved in THAT convo :laughing:

1 Like

Do anyone else’s nipples hurt sometimes when you on your period. Mine do and was just wondering if it was normal and I wasn’t the only having that issue.

You silly but you are definitely right :joy::rofl:

Just an FYI, you responded on an old thread, but I can recommend this thread for these types of questions!

https://talkingsober.com/t/womens-hormonal-roller-coaster/122389