Norco Addiction

Today is my 9th day off Norco. I still feel horrible but I think I’m past the worst of it.

9 Likes

Welcome Linda to the community. Opiates is not a easy thing to get off of, it is a process that takes time. I went to hell and back but I am living proof that it can happen. Life is so much better for me now with just a little over 3 years in recovery. Congratulations on nine days of sobriety. Proud of you, I know it’s not easy but it’s worth it, life does get better. Stay connected here and keep reading. You’ll find a lot of like-minded good-hearted people here that you can reach out to for support in your journey of sobriety. And again Linda welcome to the Talking Sober community. :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome. Nine days is really good. Each day to begin with can seem like forever, but it does get easier physically. I’ve been where you are and I know it’s hard, but like @Edmund said there are a lot of like minded and good hearted people here who care and want to support you. There is a thread where you can check in every day and stay in touch with people going through their own journey, if that’s something that you might find useful.

I hope you’re able to find what you need with this community. You’re doing really great. Keep going and you’ll get there.

4 Likes

I’m on day 3 going on 4 once again. My D.O.C. is also Norco mixed with Adderall every now and then but Norco are truly my hardest thing to give up. I definitely understand how you’re feeling. I’ve gotten all the way to a month of sobriety but I usually relapse after 6/7 days so good job on getting to day 9. Welcome, this forum is full of great people with great advice. So many inspirational stories are shared daily and its great to have people who understand. I’ve noticed that no matter what substance/substances we abused, we can all relate as addicts.

5 Likes

Welcome Linda. I’m glad you found us. This forum has been my saving grace. I read a lot on here in my early days. Reading others stories really helped me and I felt like I finally found like minded people.
I was addicted to opiods for years so I know exactly how you’re feeling. It does get better, I promise. Stick with it and you’ll never have to go feel like this again.

3 Likes