Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

Whaaaat?? No ā€œWe are the championsā€?? :hushed: :open_mouth: :astonished: :scream:

:laughing: :crazy_face: Well we all have our preferences. ā€œSomebody to loveā€ is a good one. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This is something Iā€™ve come to realise since getting sober. Yes Iā€™m an alcoholic so I needed to do something about it but there are hundreds, thousands of people who, everyday make the choice to not drink!
Not because they are alcoholics, but as a life choice.
So whatā€™s the difference?
Nothing once we get past the cravings.
Mindset is the most important aspect of all this.

4 Likes

Been a while since I actually posted on this thread. Iā€™m 127 days sober and riding out my emotions the best I can. I just wanted to extend a HUGE THANKS to all of you. I learn so much from each and everyone of the posts whether theyā€™re good days or bad days. This group has definitely become my go to & one of the sharpest tools in my sobriety :grin:

15 Likes

Angry gangster power walks! :joy: Brilliant! Ill try that but with death and black metal!!

1 Like

Itā€™s just that Iā€™ve done that one to death. Funny story about that song. I use to play it for my sons soccer games back in the day. I guess they were 10 or 11 or 12. I was the only coach that was crazy but fun crazy. I coached them during the week and just let them play on Saturdayā€™s. Never yelled at them during game time. I figured my coaching was done during the week. I did bring the boom box on game day for warm ups. Really big boom box and would play we are the champions or some Brittney Spears. Baby One More Time. That really pissed off the other coaches and parents on the other teams. But my boys had fun. And we win too. I even got reported for bringing the boom box and playing We Are The Champions but there was nothing in the rule book about it. So they could do anything :rofl::crazy_face::smile::joy:

4 Likes

Yeah right I wish, actually Laura wishes :joy:, god can do miracles but he canā€™t do the impossible :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s a belated congratulations from me for your 500, so many messages to read but so many things I have to do now life is sober. Makes you wonder how we used to do it, anyway well done and itā€™s been a pleasure watching your journey. :v::tada:

1 Like

Checking in again for another positive boost.
I added my goal weight days to my talking sober app.

Iā€™ve never kept the weight off that Iā€™ve lost in the past. I think being sober might help just a little bit. Maybe :thinking:
Sober on.
:pray::heart:
I always think of it this way. Iā€™ve lost more than 2
20 pound bags of cat litter that use to be around my waist and face and neck.
I think Iā€™ll be ā€œGOODā€ today.

17 Likes

7 Likes

Oh gotcha. :slight_smile:

Huge congratulations to you @Dolse71! Pauly I am so very proud of you! You are fighting hard. Very well done my friend :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks Paul! Congrats on your month and I agree 100% on the number of things we are doing. Thereā€™s too little time. Keep going though friend. I admire your tenacity.

1 Like

@Dolse71
Paul Paul Paul, I told you Iā€™d see you on the other side, :wink::blush:

1 Like

I did make it out of bed at 6:59! In the nick of time! And dragged my ass to the treadmill. Feeling much better today, and realizing I need to be more mindful of how I use my hands and my body to keep from causing pain. There are smart ways to move and I have a stubborn streak and I tend to want to just do it all myself, my way, whatever it is. Itā€™s a bad habit Iā€™m working on. Itā€™s also what kept me from getting sober sooner and seeking the help and support of others. But, yeah, feeling pretty good now!

6 Likes

Good for you for getting your walks in. It sucks dealing with pain, I know too well, but sometimes keeping moving is the best thing to do. At the very least there is a sense of accomplishment. And I also am so sorry about your kittyā€™s tooth situation. Just remember that animals are super resilient and adaptive and I am sure things will be okay with the treatment youā€™re providing. Keep hanging in there! Youā€™re doing great at 40 days!!!

1 Like

Paul, have you been working out? @Dolse71 It might just be the haircut. Congratulations on the 30 days of sobriety. Looking good you ā€œlittle rascal.ā€ lol :joy:

Good looking out @Dazercat thank you for all you do and the big thank you for your daily gratitude list. Helps us all keep things in perspective. :heart:

3 Likes

Huh. Ya know I keep hearing that about my gratitude list. I thought it was just for me :thinking:
I really had no idea. :pray:t2::heart:

Itā€™s amazing how we have no idea how we touch people. :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Eric that is true, sometimes we do not know how much of a positive influence we have on other people. When I read your daily gratitude list it really helps me keep my life in perspective. A lot of times itā€™s the small things that count the most. Again thank you for the positive influence that you have on so many of us. :heart:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Late second check in. Itā€™s part of my line of work but still this one hit and touched me. A lady I took care of for 8 years died in hospital today after complications from an operation she just had the other day. She had HIV, survived cancer and survived heroin addiction. She could be lovely and she could be an old bitch. We liked each other and hated each other at times. Again, itā€™s my work but through the years I forge some pretty strong bonds with some of my residents. And this time I didnā€™t get to say goodbye. She went into hospital on my day of, and I couldnā€™t visit her in hospital because of covid.
At least I donā€™t feel the urge to drink. Not at all. I talked about what happened and about her with my colleagues, with a friend, and now here. That helps. Drinking wouldnā€™t. Life is better sober and clean. also in situations like this. Thanks for reading. Love.

24 Likes