Not sure if I can do this anymore

New to this app. I am 100% almost at my breaking point. I have 2 jobs I work about 85 to 90 hours a week. I just can’t do it anymore when I get home the first thing I do is grab a beer. I can’t see my life without alcohol but it is crippling me to no end. I know life is about choices but it’s just me I’m 32 no kids I’m not married life has had more turns than anyone could ever fathom I just can’t do it anymore. I just don’t have much more left in me to give. I’m not sure if I’m an alcoholic or just someone with a broken inside I know what I’m doing isn’t working and I don’t know how to fix it,

7 Likes

Have you considered going to an AA meeting? It saved my life…literally. But this is a really good first step. Reaching out. I know you can do it. I believe in you.

1 Like

I was trying to fix my picture on here bot sure how to edit my account. I have been to AA meetings but I never felt like they were right for me. I walked in and I was so lost

Welcome to the community and getting sober takes work and is difficult but I promise you it’s totally worth it so stay strong and take it one day at a time and reach out if you are having issues there are a lot of supportive people here we all want to see you succeed

3 Likes

It takes a minute. My advice…90 meetings in 90 days. It will start to make sense. If not, then maybe alcohol’s not your problem. But give it a chance.

2 Likes

N.A. is a little different and all inclusive narcotics and alcohol are drugs. If you’re willing to to anything to get clean/sober that’s you’re ticket. “It works if you work it friend” and it’s alot of work hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life but it’s worth the rewards. Message me anytime if you want more details or suggestions that are working in my life. Stay blessed in recovery fam. Break the cycle of insanity. “Half measures avail us nothing” best of luck :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

You don’t know how much your support and kind words mean to me thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I no longer feel alone in this battle

Thank you so much I did not know they offered a 90 meetings in 90 days program! What a blessing such a blessing to read unimaginable support from you guys!!

2 Likes

Welcome Ayva,
Wow! Talk about burning the candle at both ends with all those hours working. That’s got to be pretty rough. If you want to get sober this is a great community for support. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.
Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Thank you so much so so so much!!! It’s the only choice I have is to become sober I deserve a chance at living and it needs to start now.

1 Like

zoom AA 24 /7

Zoom NA 24/7

You will not do this alone and from now on you don’t have to. Everything that your feeling and thinking is perfectly normal. Your not different or the odd one out and it will be hard but together we can all have a far better chance of success. Reach out anytime your struggling bc we all want you to be sober too and will do whatever is in our power to help.
Welcome to sobriety. :+1:

4 Likes

When does the zoom meeting start y’all have me in tears with all the support thank you soooo much!!! I was on my last leg and you are helping save me more than you realize

5 Likes

all day and night, it never ends. camera and mic off if your shy or get stuck in and share your story. Next time you want to pick up a drink pick up your phone.

2 Likes

We know… these people saved my life on more than one occasion.

2 Likes

Good morning from the UK! Welcome! I hear your pain, you feel lost and scared and that is totally normal.
This group here is amazing,I was in a similar situation as you are. High-powered job, working from home, drinking to not think.
Drop me a message if you like to talk :). Xx

2 Likes

I just joined the zoom meeting thank you guys so freaking much!!! I didn’t realize it was 24 hours I am beyond blown away!

3 Likes

That really does sound like a lot. I know alcohol does seem to provide an instant relaxation, but it is false relaxation that actually steals energy and time. In my first attempt at sobriety I tried an online program, called Annie Grace’s 30 day alcohol experiment. There are 30 days of video and reflections. You can talk to people in here too, many of us can relate. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard about this program will look into it. It has been an overwhelming amount of support I have been crying just thanking God for the positivity because I didn’t think I would see tomorrow.

3 Likes

Maybe listen to audiobooks and podcasts on your way to work or on the way home. I like recovery elevator for podcasts.
Endless amounts of books have been suggested in this group. “Quit like a Woman” is good, although I dont agree with all of her methods.
“Dry” was my favorite I have listend to.
“This Naked Mind” is also a life changing book.

And can you change jobs or careers? You need rest and down time to recharge. Alcohol only sucks away at your rest time.

1 Like

What happened to me is the urge to drink was mysteriously removed. Maybe that can happen to you as well