Not tryna bash this group at all but

Can someone inform me why everyone on here thinks weed is bad? I don’t smoke anymore but it’s literally safer then eating a pizza. Maybe I’m missing something but I was just tryna figure this out.

3 Likes

It’s a sobriety forum. People come here to get sober. Quitting weed is tough enough without smoked out hippies encouraging them to continue to get high.

26 Likes

Fair enough. Like I said I’m not bashing or anything I just honestly feel like there’s situation a where it’s medically necessary.

4 Likes

There’s people here who are prescribed it from a doctor. And take it as prescribed. Then there’s people who read a few Google articles and self diagnose themselves and decide weed is the answer. I’m a heroin addict so that’d be like me stubbing my toe and needing some good ole oxy to take the pain away.

12 Likes

I would imagine on this site, if someone had a prescription from their doctor for marijuana derived thc oil oil for pain, anxiety etc etc then no one here would have too much a problem with it, as it would be medically prescribed. Self diagnosing and then self medicating tends to be all to easy a way for the addicted brain to try to bargain with the addict.

10 Likes

FWIW, I have medical marijuana for my PTSD, prescribed by my doctor. It helps me get actual sleep…which is a true blessing after 30 years of insomnia. I am also prescribed medical marijuana for anxiety, unfortunately I find it doesn’t help my anxiety at all.

I use tinctures, not smoke.

I don’t often mention this, as I know others on here have issues with marijuana. For me, it has been a real godsend. It isn’t something I ever enjoyed or used over the past 40+ years…I smoked weed for about a year in high school, but it was never my thing. I hate that high feeling…which thankfully I don’t get with the small amount I take. I do like sleeping 4 hours at a stretch though and being able to fall back asleep when I wake up at night.

Obviously I would not recommend it for someone who has/had issues with weed. That is 100% not the case for me. And I use it as prescribed.

17 Likes

Anything in moderation is fine. Nothi g wrong with weed or alchohol. Depends on the person, for me though, i cant drink. One is too many, 100 is not enough.

10 Likes

Weed is great, but once i (me/myself) start, i will smoke all day and night, and it will consume me, i will plan my life and my next moves and my plans around smoking, like i did with drinking. Just abuse drugs and alcohol, i cant just enjoy it, i get addicted and abuse the privlage and fuck up the cause.

7 Likes

If I have too much weed I’ll get a massive panic attack. It makes me sleepy and has helped with sleep. Also while on it, I have zero craving for alcohol.

There’s very little distinction in safety than say caffeine. That said nobody should be caffeine addled all the time. How long has everyone been sober from caffeine for? Lol

2 Likes

I get panic too, and if i smoke now, i will want to add in beer, its a trigger for me, and thats what i need to learn to break, the pattern of triggers. So for now, im clean from everything, i even drink decaf, lol.

2 Likes

The edibles are so powerful for me for some reason. 5mg and I can’t leave the house. People talk about does 20x that… I would be in a psychic hell.

I will tell you:

It’s an intoxicating, mind-altering substance, an no, it’s not safer than pizza. People don’t wreck cars because they are too stoned from a pepperoni pizza.

We have members here who have been trying to quit, want desperately to quit weed, and cannot.

This is an abstinence centric community.

31 Likes

Well cannabis had me for 20 years.
it costed me my love life an made me do pretty criminal stuff over the younger years… Pizza never made me do harm to others…

19 Likes

I never got arrested because of a goddamn pizza.

12 Likes

I nearly did a guy skipped in front of me at the pizza shop lol

12 Likes

Well he had it coming!

5 Likes

Well done said! And you are totally right! We all addicted have the one same big problem - not able to deal with sober life. I follow you in this a lot.

3 Likes

Like I said I don’t smoke anymore. Cut out all drugs and alcohol except caffeine and nicotine which yes I know are bad too lol I’m not ready to try to quit those just yet. Was just curious about this.

2 Likes

As a long time smoker (half of my life) I can assure you smoking weed is bad. It has cost me, in every way possible.

I’m from the Netherlands and what I see is that cannabis from the 70s isn’t comparable with the stuff they sell nowadays.

Here we have the term “softdrugs”. For me that’s a term which is outdated, for me it’s hard drugs due to the fact manifactors add chemicals to grow more and quicker.

That being said, the active ingredient is ofcourse THC. What I’ve seen in the last couple of years though is this; CBD (cannabinoiden, which every human being is producing by itself) have an effect on THC, it can shorten the effects which means you need to take more of it. Also the CBD/THC ratio matters. More CBD means less THC which means a higher chance of getting psychosis (I saw it happen to people around me).

I can keep talking about this, theres been various studies about the subject which are quite interesting to read.

8 Likes

A friend of mine lost his 30 years old son to suicide due to cannabis psychosis. Never heard of pizza psychosis, tell me more…

10 Likes