Once a Trainwreck...Always a....? This is my Life

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I had to absolutely laugh out loud at the absurdity and foolishness of this behaviour no doubt justified in the train of thought as supporting you still, somehow, better than rubbing your nose in it, right? Could totally have been me or any of my friends, you kinda wanna do the right thing, but you kinda just wanna drink more. Total asshatery.
Ok, that’s all very funny but it doesn’t help you and ultimately also doesn’t concern you, @Juliak. Welcome to this forum and congratulations on reaching out for help! This place is full of it! In your early sobriety, create accountability, which you have done. But also, your example clearly shows that your sobriety is no one else’s business but your own, if you won’t care for it and guard it no one else will (cos they’re all in the neighbour’s garden tying one on lol, still not over it), but if you will, no one else can deter you from it and take it from you. Make yourself independent from what other people do and i’d even say, for myself that would have meant passing on such a trip as you are currently on. But that is obviously only my personal thing, you can totally stay strong and just disregard what everyone else is doing and stay sober. It’s just harder. Focus on yourself. Come here and chat. Read sobriety literature, there are all kinds, memories, self help, science books, even novels. There is so much that can help you. Let us hear from you often and congrats on 10 days!

2 Likes

I made it through but it hasnt been easy. This has been a very difficult week for me. A lot had happened and I am just completely overwhelmed and depressed. I have a lot of support but is and will still always be difficult. I wish it were easier. How are you doing?

2 Likes

I didnt. I am still struggling. But I am ok. I have basically had “adult supervision” 24/7. Everyone is afraid to leave me alone after I broke down last night. I am suppose to work the next few days. Fingers crossed I make it in to work and maybe it is a good distraction for me if nothing else. If I could call in I would but I have only been working there a mth now.

2 Likes

@IwillOVERCOME I’m so glad you made it through! I did as well. I found myself getting really angry and jealous of others in my family the other night. For the first time in a while, I stead of drinking alone to pass the time, I remembered and old interest and started reading a good book. I’m happy to be here. Thank you for all of the support everyone!

2 Likes

Hi Michelle, glad to hear you made it through the night sober. Whatever it takes it takes.
I’m learning to be okay with just being okay. One day at a time, one hour at a time and even one breath at a time it’s what it takes for me at times to stay sober. And that’s okay…
Wishing you much peace and serenity on your journey in sobriety. Stay focused and determine my friend. Keep reaching out for support Michelle, we’re here for you :heart:

2 Likes