One word on how you feel today

We’re all inexperienced today, this is the very first May 8th of 2018 ever. It’ll be what you make it, and you can have an impact on any and everything you do, not just for you, but for others. Relax and take life as it comes.

4 Likes

Old but enthusiastic. Woke at 7 am to the alarm, had planned on getting a walk in before work. Nope didn’t feel like it. So as I put my shoes on, got my pandora going, grabbed my keys and headed out for the walk I felt sore and tired. Persevered through the first mile, loosened up and got my 5 miles in. Not even begrudgingly, but with renewed vigor. Sometimes you just gotta put 1 foot in front of the other and see where it leads you.

6 Likes

Determined :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you for asking, I’m feeling very good. Only a little pain sometimes. If all stays like that they let me go home tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thank you for that it was perfect.

1 Like

No! You are not either of those things!!! I hope you’re feeling better today :rainbow:

Self-loathing

Get out of that dangerous neighborhood.

I can relate. Man no one hated me more than me. You gotta forgive yourself for the past, do the right thing today and forget about trying to control your future. One day, one minute, one moment at a time we can make the right choices and set ourselves up for success instead of failure.

What can be done?

I got new shoes. My feet are happy

1 Like

I feel thankful

It’s not that I can’t really forgive myself from the past, it’s more that my self-esteem is extremely low and that I don’t care about living and rather die, and those sort of crazy thoughts.

Self acceptance far outweighs self esteem. Accept your gift of life, spread it to others. We are measured more on how we treat others, and care about others than we are for our narcissism. Love thyself, that doesn’t mean you have to be in love with yourself.

Learn to accept, and it’s like the puzzle of life begins to take shape and you can glimpse the outcome.

2 Likes

Try and pick your self up fella. Go and talk to someone. These thoughts your having are not good. I’m here for you if you wanna personal message me. But please speak to someone.
Life is worth living and can be great.

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!! My girlfriend messaged me and wanted me to grab wine for her on my way.

When I got to my car, I couldn’t help but reflect on how excited I am that I am not remotely tempted! 60 days ago, I never would have thought this day would come. I had no interest in drinking this at all, she popped it open as soon as I hit the door and when I left I still had no desire for that. I am certainly a changed woman and it’s fucking gorgeous!

13 Likes

Yup, you’re a sober human now. It’s amazing how the desire leaves us. It’s the psychic change at work.

I am comfortable around alcohol now and have been for a long time, I keep my intentions honest and if there’s good reason for me to be in an alcohol environment it’s no problem, thats one of the last lessons I learnt in AA when I was working the program with my sponsor.

Great job.

3 Likes

This is how I’m feeling with 24 days off sobriety. You said it well!

2 Likes

Awake
Present
Interested
Alive

3 Likes

90 days. . Happy

4 Likes