One word on how you feel today

Frustrated. Everything was going smoothly, hitting our marks with our case manager. Then she transfers and we get a new sheriff and suddenly we haven’t been engaging. Patience is the key, nothing happens overnight. Can’t control anything but my thoughts, feelings and actions so thats what I’ll do, focus on the positive and keep trudging.

1 Like

Ride the waves, always cognizant of the undertow

1 Like

Sinking. The more days to come are a struggle.

Don’t dwell too long there girl, you can’t change it. What you CAN today do is keep yourself from going back there. And then do it again tomorrow! Reflection is good and important for growth but be gentle because you don’t live in your past anymore. :hugs:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Fozo. Anything we can help with? Try to keep your chin up.

It’s just me, I’m sorry Mandi. It’s a bit of a constant struggle to do right and be clean. I just have to learn how to do it is all.

1 Like

Forged mentioned this before and I think he was spot on. If you went back and redid it, you may not have the kids you have now, or be where you. You could be worse, you could be better but it’s purely unknown. Butterfly effect type stuff.

I don’t regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it, it made me who I am today. I stay away from getting too far head of myself too/the future because we can make very unrealistic goals or expectations. I belong in the here and now, making the best decisions I can right now. If I make the next right decision right with the experience of my past, my untold future will be alright.

1 Like

Have you tried any type of support? It really may help! Hugs friend. You can do this

1 Like

I’m trying to reach out but it’s going slow. Besides that I’m on my own.

Coming on here helped me get thru my first 115 days so far, I just looked into starting a recovery program however. I really wanted to know what tools can be used to change patterns and behaviors, but my stubbornness and this forum has helped me immensely to get to where I am today!

More time. More patience. Time has a way of healing a lot of stuff. Keep using the counseling it’ll pay tremendous dividends in not only your recovery but your kids too, as much as we think we’re only hurting ourselves it is usually much further reaching than we grasp.

1 Like

It’s true but the best apology is changed behaviors! I have a feeling she will forgive in time. I know for sure she’s got to be so proud of you for doing the sober life now!

1 Like

Relaxed

4 Likes

Free. Have a happy and safe 4th of July

Hurting

(But very very optimistic.)

Exhausted.

Doubleplusungood
(1984, y’all!)

Mondayish.

1 Like

Busy.

Whenever coworkers are out for the day, their workload is reassigned to those in the office, so my work doubled for the next two days. At least I don’t have any meetings today, to derail my work flow.

Have a strong day!!!

2 Likes

Keep strong and sober. When u get through this tough patch which you will. u will come out of it shining and so pleased with yourself that you stayed strong.
If you need a chat. I’m here.

1 Like