One word on how you feel today

Sorry for your loss.

Keep them in your memory and they’ll never leave your heart. I can still feel all my lost loved ones when I remember them.

1 Like

I don’t know how to deal with pain like this without numbing myself with booze or getting high.

1 Like

You deal with by doing what you’re doing. You have to let it out and have it validated. Pain from loss is a very strong emotion, you’re right to feel hurt because it does. Hiding inside a bottle or behind a cloud is only going to delay the emotion, not take it away.

We’re all here for you.

3 Likes

Im so sorry for you loss. @CaptAZ is right though. You just have to accept those feelings. Doesnt mean its not going to suck, but its part of the natural process.
Im more emotional now than ever.

3 Likes

More emotional, more empathetic, more sympathetic, more feeling, and best of all more human.

@Yomomma youre doing it right, you’re responding and not reacting.

3 Likes

Hell yeah man. I love it!

2 Likes

Tell me about this person. What’s your fondest memory?

I lost my grandma 12 years to cancer, it tore me up as that was the greatest woman I had ever known.

My fondest memory of her was when she took me and her bestfriend out to eat at Old Country Buffet. She brought a purse she didn’t care about and lined it with napkins. We loaded that purse up with fried shrimp, my fave lol. The she took us to see the movie Eddie with Whoopi goldberg. She was a big time Knicks fan. She made me feel like an adult and I had 1 of the best days of my life that day. I still get emotional and teary eyed thinking of it and of her.

2 Likes

This is us! The day I made my first Ace while disc golfing many years ago, on his course.

He was like a grandfather to me. Always watching out for myself and my boys.

I will miss his war stories while sharing a glass (or 3) of whiskey. Sitting out in his screen house with him and his beautiful wife, as if I were one of his own. He trusted me to run his business for them while they were away at family functions or just wanted a day off.
Hell, I took care of his father at my job, a rehabilitation center, after his knee surgery, and i wasn’t even a CNA on his floor at the time. He would bring me coffees and try to tip me, just because they could.
I will miss the early morning coffees (with whiskey) and conversations most, while I waited for the rest of my disc golf crew to show up. He was one of the kindest, gentlest men I have ever known.

4 Likes

That is a fantastic memory of your grandmother!! Made me giggle as I imagined her sneaking those shrimp. What a great story, it made me smile. Thank you.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a tattoo in her memory the day after she died. I was the first grandkid and she definitely loved me. Fed me cheesecake a few hours after I was born I’m told,thats probably where my love for cheesecake was born.

It’s nice to have people who can impact our lives, and it’s hard to see them go. Thank you for sharing with me, looks like he was a really awesome guy.

1 Like

Determined

3 Likes

Level-headed

5 Likes

Tenacious. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Optimistic, perhaps foolishly.

2 Likes

Happy. Just happy

Shopoholic

1 Like