One word on how you feel today

Do you have people with whom you can share your grief? I ask because I made the mistake of grieving by myself, seeking solace in solitude and alcohol. Didn’t work out too well for me.

I know that feeling. Everyone tells me to just be patient. :persevere: I’m 48, never married, haven’t had a girlfriend since 1997. Yeah, I do feel completely unlovable. :cry:
But I’m not going to drink over it. Not anymore.

1 Like

I have amazing family, boyfriend, sponsor. But I tend to withdrawal. I am trying my best not to.

3 Likes

That is good. Resist the temptation to withdraw. Share your pain. You’ll get through the grief a bit faster, and your relationship with those sharing this walk will be stronger. I have added you to my prayer list, and you will be prayed over.

Excited (I’m end stage of detox)

3 Likes

Abba … only if no one can see me lol but I am a big hip fan :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

Confused…

Unmotivated.

I just dont want to do anything I should be doing. Instead I’m watching Netflix and painting my apartment. Meanwhile, I’m getting overwhelmed by the to-do list I’m not addressing (work related), and getting stressed out. And then I’ll just continue this avoid-stress-distraction cycle until I wake the hell up or something else. On a good note, I can say that today I sort of felt like I was ‘taking back’ an experience I wanted to do by myself that I didn’t (my co-dependent friend was there to ‘help me’ when I moved in a year ago when I was at my worst, thereby inadvertantly robbing me of my sense of control and accomplishment). It’s painting my apartment, and I did feel good today about the creative process I’m taking to redecorate, clean out and reorganize. He is also a hoarder and doesn’t hear me when I express my wishes unless they align with his need to give/take care/try too hard. When I moved in I told him I wanted to minimize my belongings, so instead if hearing that, he kept bringing me stuff - clothes, shoes, repeats of stuff I already had, stuff I wanted to get for myself. No matter how many times I asked him to stop giving me stuff, he kept doing it. I punted him from my life a few weeks ago and immediately bagged up all the crap he gave me to get rid of. Anyway, sorry for the rant. Still working through these changes while simultaneously dealing with some of the same patterns I’m trying to break that hold me back. And wondering if I’m sinking into depression, too. I’m all over the place today.

2 Likes

Just kinda meh. Not bad not good. Just existing…that in itself is kinda depressing. But I am going to a meeting tomorrow so that’s something to look forward to. Stay strong peeps :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

3 Likes

I felt FULFILLED today. :heart:

Tired!-Been awake since 4am😴

1 Like

Motivated :+1::facepunch:

1 Like

I am there with you. I decided to live with no more than what I need and I am given stuff out of pity or kindness that I don’t like. Now I need to quietly dispose of them or hide them for awhile and then get rid of them. It is just like unsolicited advice that makes me cringe. Freeing yourself from the person you are mentioning seems to be the key to your recovery and freedom at the moment. No need to look back. Keep on keeping on.

1 Like

I think “irritated” would be the word for today.

You are taking things one day at a time. It’s great you got that person out of your life and you’re keeping him out.

2 Likes

Unsettled I guess would be a good word for today

Lots of change to your landscape, and you dont have your familiar go to to escape. Just keep taking the next right step, day by day, and have faith in yourself.

You’re doing sobriety, and you’re doing it well.

1 Like

Calm and focused

1 Like

Productive.

Before I quit I was just busy

3 Likes