Opioid detox RLS

Hello. I have a couple questions for you guys. I think (hope) my husband started to taper drastically then going to quit. I think he needs a detox center but can’t force him.

Does anyone want to actually have people in the same room while detoxing. I know I wanted to punch anyone that entered the room, still do. Want to be helpful but I’m thinking the best thing is to just leave him but let him know I’m here if he needs me just holler.

RLS-I know it’s inevitable but did anyone find anything that helpedat all. He has RLS while using so it gets pretty bad when detoxing. He’s tried Gabapentin and over the counter but they don’t work. Mine was minimal so I’m not super experienced with that.

Thanks guys fingers crossed.

1 Like

For me I was homicidal. I wanted to kill everyone so enter at your own risk. Only thing that helped my restless legs was doing a Subutex taper. Other than that I was fucked

2 Likes

How did they taper you. The pain clinic we use also has suboxone but they encourage long term use, to me it seems le just another way to get your money. I know from you all that’s a slippery slope.

I am not a fan of long term use at all.

Day 1 - 6 mg morning, 6 mg night
Day 2 - 4 mg morning, 4 mg night
Day 3 - 2 mg morning, 4 mg night
Day 4 - 2 mg morning, 2 mg night
Day 5 - 1 mg morning, 1 mg night
Day 6 - 1 mg night

Adjust according to symptoms. Usually you can get away with doing less on the first two days.

2 Likes

Thank you. Opioid Yoda. Probably not the title you want but I’m thankful for your knowledge.

Lol maybe not a title I want, but definitely one I’ve earned. 3 rehabs, 2 relapses, and a whole bunch of misery later has given me some insight into this disease. I still learn more about it each day too. My first 3 months out of rehab I would spend hours a day researching the opiod crisis and the treatment available

2 Likes

What are the 8/2 or 8/10 orange strips ?

8mg buprenorphrine and 2 mg naloxone

1 Like

So they’re pills or film ? I’m lost. Lol

Frick I’m sorry to bug you. What’s better 8/2 or 8/10

I’ve never heard of an 8/10. They come in either film or pills. I don’t really have a preference. Either way you want to let it dissolve under the tounge. Do not swallow it. Also wait until you are good and dopesick before taking any. Percipitated withdrawal sucks so much ass

1 Like

I was mean to people lol so I tried to stay away from everyone but that’s hard to do in a house full. I had and still have (193 days sober) RLS at times. Everyone told me to put a bar of soap under your sheet and sleep with it there. I don’t know how but it actually did help mine some, it cut my bad RLS night’s down by half at least. I took gabapentin and no help, now I rub my legs down with rubbing alcohol and have the soap in the bed.

1 Like

I did a taper with one 8mg sub. 2mg for 24hrs for 2 days then i dropped to 1mg on 3rd day and dropped to .5 . Which was very drastic and i felt wd still just not 100% of it. By 15 days i wasnt that great but i could still go to work. The restless legs will go away over time. i dealt with it as ive dealt with way worse wd in the past. Detox sucks terribly but if u get through it you never have to again. Nothing about opiate wd is gonna be easy. I think we scare ourselves that we cant make it when really we can. We rather be like this one pill wont hurt. im a week clean yet you wd the next day…

3 Likes

Bar of soap. Please elaborate? You just put it under your sheet near your legs.

Yes, I was trying to prepare him so he doesn’t give up when it’s real bad.

My body can’t handle another detox

2 Likes

Ive done cold turkey on from prob 150-200mg of oxycodone before and ive cried on the toilet before as id rather die then go through this shyt. You have to dicipline yourself on the taper(never do more then day b4) and have a mindset that nothing can crack. I could say i practiced relapsing many many times before understanding what i do now about this addiction. He has to stay strong it gets better n better!

2 Likes

I am hoping. I can’t do it for him, he spent the last years trying to help me stop, never worked.
For him and me. It sucks to still have one foot in the door and one out, for me.

This disease sucks so bad. Yesterday I had my rescues cats fixed. I’m at home looking at their after care stuff and find the pain meds, instinctively l look it up. Of course it’s in the opioid family. I started sweating and for an hour I couldn’t stop thinking about popping the top of and drinking it all… sad…

I don’t have to tell you what happens if you do that.

1 Like