Over 40 years of drinking is enough for this lifetime

Indeed! Steps 1-3… I can’t. He can. Think I’ll let Him.

Learned that from a lady with 44 yrs in my old home group. It’s how she made sense of it in the beginning.

2 Likes

Heck yeah thats a great wake up call to action. Proud of you for taking positive steps towards sobriety @Borderline_Billy

1 Like

I love the recovery elevator podcast!!

1 Like

Glad to see you here. My last drink was August 16th 2024, a few days before my 36th birthday, and I also decided it’s time to really take my health more seriously. I’ve had many day ones in the past year but I’m feeling confident now. I have enjoyed the Sober Awkward podcast, it’s casual and gave me a few laughs when I needed them.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m here. It feels like I have my very own AA group in my phone. Congratulations on your sobriety. I haven’t found it easy but I have no choice. :v:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it. This aint easy :v:t2:

1 Like

Welcome! You said you were going to read and stuff.

Resources for our recovery

1 Like

That’s great you are going back to college! It’s amazing what you can do with the time and energy you have from not being drunk or hangover. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I just went to try to download this app and I can’t find it on Android. They have other AA speaker apps tho’.

2 Likes

Over 40 years for me too. My doctor ran a set of tests to check my overall health and it came back that my body is seven years older than I am. I’ve always looked 5 to 10 years younger than I am and I was absolutely shocked that my body was aging faster than my face. So I started researching metabolic health and strength training. I’ve dropped 20 pounds since this summer I’m off all blood pressure meds and down half of my anxiety meds, I sure hope this trend continues. I pray to God for the strength and the motivation to stay sober and healthy in a world that glorifies drinking and gives us too many cheap, ultra processed choices.

5 Likes