Overeatier

My struggle is nothing compared to some but I struggle with it. Sometimes food is so much apart of my mind I cant do anything. I have also come to the problem that I eat so much that I’m full but cant stop eating. I hate how food controls me so much.

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from, but like all addictions, this one shouldn’t be downplayed. So just make sure you aren’t being any more hard on yourself by saying this isn’t a big deal… It is. It’s all consuming and I’ve been there.

I usually have to work from the inside out when my over eating/controlling my eating (drastically under eating) has me swinging from one direction to the other. I’m just at the beginning of my journey with letting go and at the same time reclaiming my power.

3 Likes

Here’s a good person to follow about binge eating. She talks a lot about the science behind this disorder and gives a lot of great advice on how to overcome it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, if you need to talk I’m here for you :upside_down_face:

@Heatheid18,

Welcome. I’m really glad you’re here and thank you for sharing.

Hello Heidi…
Food issues are hard because a person has to eat. Regaining a healthy relationship with food was a challenge for me when I was much younger and spent a good decade struggling with bulimia.
I likely could have benefitted from therapy, but I kept it hidden.
It’s good you are here and talking about it.

1 Like

Depends on what you are binge eating. If its fast food, or processed foods all today then yes, no bueno. I’m a big eater myself, but if you are eating healthy fats, fruits, oats then you can eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. That’s the way your body should eat vs 2-3 huge portions

Hi Heidi. Thanks for sharing. Have you considered Overeaters Anonymous (OA)? My wife has attended meetings and found it useful.

I am considering attending myself on a night when I don’t attend AA or GA.

1 Like