People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Eeeeeekkk, I LOVE THIS! What a lovely :green_heart:

1 Like

My baby violets also got new pots made especially for their water-from-the-bottom needs:

10 Likes

I honestly have struggled a bit with these but they’re doing much better in the last few months. I’m hoping these pots help (they are pots within pots so you put water in the main pot and then set them back in and they absorb through the terracotta). I’ve managed to get them to bloom only a couple times and they’re such pretty delicate flowers. The lighter green gives white flowers and the darker gives a lavender/pinkish color flower.

2 Likes

Happy to be of assistance! My mother is the queen of violets. She has them all over her house. And she says I have the green thumb in the family! But she has a certain knack for these beauties. So many different colors! She has one with burgundy blossoms that is just gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here is how they looked when I first got them. So you can see how unhealthy they look by comparison. Hopefully I can get them to come back. I know I need to fertilize. And I was off on the darker one’s color. I got these in Feb of 2020 apparently! Survivors!

3 Likes

Burgundy!?! Oh, please share a pic next time you visit her. I’d love to see that color. Or any of her collection. I just love flowers!! Thanks again. :blush:

1 Like

Sure will! Oh gosh. Looking at their original state has me sad! I’m going to try extra hard. But not too hard, haha! I need to get some violet fertilizer. I almost killed the white one. Glad it’s sticking with me.

2 Likes

It arrived!!!

10 Likes

It’s absolutely stunning! Can’t wait for a pic of you wearing it :kissing_heart:

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

Fashion show!
Fashion show!
Fashion show!
:pray:t2::heart::wink:

2 Likes

This is amazing! :seedling::green_heart::herb:

1 Like

I have an interesting situation this year where this part of my garden is so wet that I’m getting mushrooms growing in with my flowers.

9 Likes

Update! I need a stronger rod, but I’ve got my cuttings started in water planted and up with rudimentary hangers to test it out. I also caved and bought a bamboo plant stand and I just love it. Also, the turtle vine is looking much happier.

11 Likes

Wow everything is coming together, it
looks amazing. Love the hanging idea and the plant stand. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Turning out beautifully Rosa! :heart_eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

I don’t know if this belongs in sober plant section or sober gardener?

My plant life is outside - I have indoor critters that naw on everything. This is my east yard with my staghorns, which are parasitic air plants. Sadly my garden is based on things I could grow when drunk, that flourished on neglect. Now sober I’m interested to see what I’m able to grow.

7 Likes

Oh wow those are beautiful!!!

1 Like

UPDATE…

I am glad you convinced me to leave this, it would have been like doing brain surgery. Hahahah

I think I will leave this on too…

This is one that I propagated its doing well!!!

And I think I will take these little palm pups off soon, the mother palm seems to been looking a little shitty…

10 Likes