People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

2 Likes

Thank you! Hope all is well across the pond. :heart:

Such a beautiful Peach Melba colour :heart:

2 Likes

Picked this fern up this morning £3 tescos it looked lonely on its own :joy:

11 Likes

The Monstera is opening his new leaf today :partying_face: I wasn’t expecting it to have the cut outs? There’s a couple small leaves at the bottom of the plant that don’t. I always wondered how a plant could cut out after the leaf opens, so this makes much more sense.

Any MONSTERA experts? Do some grow already cut out, and some that always stay whole, or how does it work?

xxoo :hugs:

12 Likes

Since I started working, I’ve taken care of the office plants and while watering today I noticed the pretty snake plant in the front window has a bloom! I’ve never had one bloom for me before, what a treat!!! Can’t wait to see them open.

12 Likes

My Philodendron Hope is also turning over a new leaf today! :herb:

10 Likes

Didn’t you just acquire these!?! Amazing! You definitely have the touch.

2 Likes

Gotta be tonight, folks.

I also awoke to some rumblings with my tephrocactus geometricus - I was starting to accept that repotting it back in Feb had disrupted this year’s growth, it happens.

But this morning? Raised areoles all over. 1 of them is 100% something, and many others possible.
That “something” is likely a new segment, but also possibly a flower. I still think it’s too young of a plant for the latter.

For those of you who missed it last year, this rare lady only grows a maximum of 3 new segments per year. You mightn’t even get any at all. I got 3 last year. It’s in the same echelon of excitement/anticipation as La Gordita’s flowers, in my opinion.
She was and remains my most expensive cactus at purchase, and is easily my most valuable considering the growth since.

12 Likes

I did! I bought them from Home Depot, 8 days ago, to celebrate day 100! (That was my excuse to buy more)

I’m trying hard to make them all happy. I google a lot. So far, I’ve been lucky I think. I’m good at not over watering, because I know that’s usually the killer. (Been there)

Now I’m sober, it’s fun to collect different varieties. But I also look for relatively easy ones. :blush:

5 Likes

The suspense on this thread is killing me :popcorn::star_struck:

4 Likes

When a plant is young the leaves has no holes ore cut outs. The older the plant becomes the more cut outs/ wholes it gets.

So every time your plant gets a new leaf it will make you wonder how it looks like! :herb:

13 Likes

16 Likes

No offense to ALL your other plants but she is my favorite! I can’t believe all the beautiful flowers she has had this year

6 Likes

She’s an all-star for sure.

She just got into that pot last summer, but I think she could benefit from a move to a larger one and I do just happen to have the perfect one. Good size to be her “forever pot”…hmmmmmm

4 Likes

Is the pot white???

2 Likes

Da da! Shes a beaut!

2 Likes

This was my thought. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: My 2 cents— not white @TMAC She looks so good in the color she is in. (Just my opinion :blush:)

3 Likes

@Cjp @Runningfree

I have two options. I do have a white one she would work well in. The one I had already referenced is white-adjacent, it’s light gray…unpainted (but smooth) concrete bowl.

4 Likes

Thank you! That makes sense :smiling_face:

Explains my brand new light green leaf, and the smaller leaves at the bottom that don’t have any cutouts. :herb:

9 Likes