People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Here’s a new addition to my plant world. It’s a Peperomia Incana AKA Felted Peperomia. Its leaves are fuzzy. If you zoom in on (especially) the darker leaves, you should see the small white hairs that make it fuzzy.

@Twizzlers this is for you, hope you’re enjoying your evening :sparkles: :hugs: :sunflower:

11 Likes

It’s been awhile since I showed my Butts :peach::smiling_face:

13 Likes

Lemon lime Dracaena :snake: £3 tescos & free pot :wink:

Im after Dionaea muscipula (venus fly trap and Drosera (sundews)

ive seen some good Dionaea muscipula on thread few pages back , has anyone got Drosera ?

14 Likes

Sooo, I went to Home Depot 1 last time to get a couple more plant pots, I refused to even look to the side at all their plants. But, on the floor in front of me were all the snake plants, plus this 3 foot red beauty I’ve never heard of!

Somehow it convinced me to take him home. It’s called a Cordyline fruticosa, or common name Ti plant. It belongs to the Dracaena family, and it’s belief is it brings good luck and good fortune. It was marked $19.99, but I found out at the register it was on sale for $14.88. The good fortune already working! :sunglasses:

NO MORE HOME DEPOT FOR ME! But I have to say, they have a huge selection of plants at great prices, so never say never. :grin:

Enjoy your day!! :sparkles::tulip:

12 Likes

Fired up Big Bertha for the year, since the greenhouse has been flirting with the 110°f line for over a week. It’s time.

RIP electric bill

11 Likes

I‘m completely clueless here, so please don‘t mind if this is a stupid question: Do solar panels work in your climate and do they make much energy?

3 Likes

They do. We’re the second or third sunniest city in the US, you often see them on the roofs of parking structures etc. Frankly they should be on top of every single building in the city.
I had looked into it for my greenhouse but it wasn’t terribly practical.

4 Likes

Wonderful colours :heart_eyes: hope it flowers

8 Likes

12 Likes

I didn’t have a pot to fit the new Ti plant, it’s in its nursery pot & was sitting inside a black plastic bucket. So I taped a stripe on the bucket and spray painted the rest in white. Looks good from across the room, lol.

7 Likes

Oh dear :flushed:

It happened again :grinning: went to pick up a few bits , and see a reduced to £5 super healthy monstera plus pot

Oh well

11 Likes

Breakfast

14 Likes

Can you give me any tips on growing venus fly traps as ive not had much luck with them over the years . Also im looking for sundews as never grown them before ?

1 Like

As much bright light as you can give them. Never top water, should be sitting in a bowl of water about 1/2" deep. Not tap water - distilled or reverse osmosis water only. No fertilizer, ever.

Re: sundews…I’m on the other side of the world so can’t really help you with where you can get them.

3 Likes

Thanks for advice , taken on board :+1:

1 Like

Delosperma echinatum part of the Aizoaceae family native to South Africa as we know

Yep its a pickle plant

Let hope it flowers :+1: definitely a plant not to over water, let soil dry out before watering ive been told

Anyone got one ?

14 Likes

There is one at my office that I’m trying to nurse back to health. It’s pretty sparse but the new growth looks healthy! It’s a low maintenance plant but didn’t do well being completely neglected!

1 Like

So apparently these little green fellas at the base are the beginnings of my oranges!

And those growths on my tephrocactus are now almost certainly flowers! There’s too many for it to be new segments. So, first time with flowers on this one :slight_smile:

Lastly -
Sometimes I look back at my greenhouse and think, “this is a dream”

17 Likes

I had one…and killed it :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

It is a dream :blush: Once again, thanks for the shares. That really brighten my day.

3 Likes