People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

From late yesterday…should pop open today

14 Likes

I’ve just repotted this big boy🌵
I’m not really a cactus kinda girl, but I inherited him a couple of years ago when my mum passed. He is 52cm tall, but he hasn’t really grown since l have him.
Maybe now with a bigger pot and new soil🤞
:squid:

14 Likes

And this cactus I saw on my neighborhood walk - I’ve never seen one of these with red flowers, always yellow.

18 Likes

Yay! Congrats on the blossoms. The red nopales were always my favorite. We had some in the backyard of my last place.

1 Like

And again.

Thinking repot today since there’s no buds prepping atm.

14 Likes

Been after one for a while so had to grab it :+1:

Alocasia polly or African mask

13 Likes

La Gordita in her new home. Former home of my failed 1st attempt at growing baby toes. She has about 3x more space. Big enough to be her forever pot.

Probably the most “luxurious” pot I have. It’s a real MCM antique. So of course I drilled 3 holes in it and put a plant in it, lol.
It’s the executive suite of my pot world.

And one we don’t talk about much, my desert rose. She got some cold damage over the winter that went on too long before I cut it, resulting in rot. Then the first time I cut it back, I didn’t cut back far enough and rot continued toward the (still healthy) heart of the plant.
Essentially ended up removing all the branches completely to guarantee she’d be saved.
Now a few months into growing season, she looks lovely with her new haircut filling in.

14 Likes

Last big plant repot of the year, I think.

I think she was feeling a little snug :sweat_smile:

I need to find a good spot for her to live. Right now she’s - as the French would say - “in the way”.

Dec 2021

Apr 2024

This pot caught my eye from a good distance and I was relieved to find it priced very fairly. @Runningfree will appreciate that it isn’t white.

I also got a new cactus today but I’m keeping that a secret til tomorrow or something :yum:

16 Likes

Beautiful choice @TMAC

4 Likes

Very nice choice :blush: I do like that color very much and it has a nice contrast with the pebble color

2 Likes

Latest addition:
Chlorophytum “Green orange”

I couldn’t resist it, loved the orange in this plant.
It’s family of the grass lilly:
Graslelie

14 Likes

Oreocereus trollii

Homer Simpson voice
Mmmmmmm…Oreo-cereus…

AKA The Old Man of the Andes

As the common name would suggest, these are from the mountains of Bolivia/Argentina. They develop this wool to protect themselves from both frost and extreme heat. In full Arizona sun, that wool should get nice and dense.

12 Likes

Now imagine having a coat that protects from cold and heat. That would be somethin.

5 Likes

That’s brilliant it covers itself like this!
I would have thought it was a spider web :rofl: I have a thing where I always think I think I have found a new rare species of spider in the garden. I so would of been like IV found a rare one I just can’t see it it’s that rare :rofl:

5 Likes

@maxwell How are your plants and yourself doing ?

2 Likes

Wife bought this today :roll_eyes: its Plastic , i asked her why ?

Because its got a nice pot

Stupid question :thinking:

7 Likes

Awww, this looks like there’s a wee beastie lying down in the middle of the pot, with green branches growing out the top of its head. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m still here :hugs: Peperomia’s are my favorite plant, here’s 4 of them.

11 Likes

And here’s a few other plants of mine, maybe @TMAC can tell me what the balls are on my peanut cactus, they’re new.

Enjoy your day! :sparkles:

12 Likes

Best guess is flowers. Could be new arms/growth, but the positioning and how close some of them are has me leaning more towards flowers. Let us know!

6 Likes