People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Oh… if you know succulents maybe you can help me save this string of pearls… I think it’s way far gone. Hahah

2 Likes

No experience with string of pearls, specifically, but I can try!

Ok, don’t laugh!!!

So this is them. My mom over watered them and asked me to save them. The first photo was when I got them. I cut off all the “dead” lengths and repotted what was left. I am questioning if it is all dead, but the little beads give me hope and the little shoots on the top. So second and third photos are just now…

8 Likes

Since you’re getting new growth, you might be in business! Looks much better. Just watch that watering!

3 Likes

Omg!! How did you go about growing that?

2 Likes

You just cut the crown off the top of a pineapple and plant it. A little fertilizer as well. LOTS of sun and don’t let it dry out too much. It also helps A LOT if you live in a semi tropical or tropical environment. It generally takes 2 to 3 years to get your 1st fruit. :pineapple: And you want to be sure to harvest them before the raccoons do. They love pineapple too.:grin:

I planted 4 tops and after 3 years got fruit on all 4. Very exciting!! Of course we moved, so we took one with us, dug up 2 to give to neighbors and left one for the new owners. :pineapple::pineapple:

5 Likes

That’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! I think I may try it one of these days!

1 Like

I edited my comment a bit to add about the raccoons! It is wicked cool growing your own. They start so tiny!! And then get their crown.

2 Likes

I LOVE this! Look at those little buds!

1 Like

This is amazing. I never even thought of it. I kind of want to try this, though I’m not sure I live in the right climate.

1 Like

I got new babies…

A dragons tail…

And a monstera adansonii

I really wanted something other than a pothos for a hanging basket, so I will see how the monstera does…

And I built some plant stands… they are so expensive here it’s annoying.

13 Likes

My begonias have gone crazy. I initially had one begonia and now I have three. I don’t think it should be this easy to propagate :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Omg I feel you on the propagating…
Its criminal to prune and not propagate now. But the plants!!!
hVsfjWYbNgAzIu573S

4 Likes

And also @Its_me_Stella, I have seen folks ‘gifting’ propagated plants in my local FB Nothing bought or sold group…or a simple free sign and plant on the side of the road works as well!

3 Likes

That’s a nice idea!!!

1 Like

@Dazercat
This ones for you!!!

2 Likes

Oh I love it!! It’s beautiful.
And the stone thingy. Great combo.
Aww. Thanks.
:hugs: :yellow_heart:
Made my day.

1 Like

This adansonii is pretty happy in her new home. She is shooting growth everywhere!!!

14 Likes

Is that a macrame plant hanger? :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My new office buddy! (I’m new to plants… hoping I don’t kill them lol but you all have me inspired). Need some for home too

12 Likes