People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Lol yes, poor girl.

1 Like

Yeah I scrapped my 20+ year old palm and kept a pup from her… the mother plant was so spindly and meh yuck looking.

6 Likes

Pretty. Okay I’m gonna go for it then. Especially since the cuttings are doing so well.

2 Likes

Here we go! The plant was rotted at the base so it makes sense it wasn’t growing.

4 Likes

My new guy. Found him in bad shape in the back of Lowe’s. I’ve replanted and am trying to revive him. I’ve never worked with a plant like him before.

10 Likes

Oh fun, the “bringing back to life” is pretty exciting.
This guy doesn’t look too shabby!!

3 Likes

I’ve had him 5 days. And I agree he’s doing better :slightly_smiling_face: I sure do love him! (And I’m so glad I redound this thread).

2 Likes

Anyone else try this?? :joy:

12 Likes

Haha oh maybe that’s what I am doing…

1 Like

YES! Grounding is magical! :heart::blush::+1:

1 Like

New addition to my plant family. My first foray into the world of lithops! AKA Living Stones. Native to South Africa and Namibia. Could never find them back east.

I used to dislike them because they look like butts and flowers/new leaves grow out of the “crack”, and the whole thing just gave me the willies. They are also a bit more tempermental than your standard succulent.

But I like 'em now and wanted to try my hand at it. Once again, I love supporting this local garden center. The guys are so nice and helpful. There’s also a golden retriever who “works” there and helps out. A very, very good girl.

And if you do it right, they can eventually grow into arrangements like these:

14 Likes

These are amazing! Never saw them as butts before but now can’t stop seeing butts! Too funny, they are still really great!

3 Likes

I had a pothos in a dark corner of my kitchen on top of the cabinets that got neglected and leggy so I started it over and rooted the cuttings. Today they got a home - I just love this funky pot! I also started some in a hanging planter a while back and filled it in with more rooted cuttings today. Plant therapy is great!

10 Likes

Cute, I have been looking for them here but haven’t had any luck yet. I will live vicariously through you for now!!!

1 Like

This babycakes keeps amazing me. :heart_eyes: The care instructions suggest to pinch off as needed but I’m thinking I need to propagate! Or get a bigger planter eventually…

8 Likes

Omg is that the one you got from the plant hospital???

2 Likes

Sure is!!!

2 Likes

She looks fantastic.

2 Likes

3 days in and already flying along…going to have several flowers soon, shortly followed by new growth

13 Likes

They are strange little creatures aren’t they.
:joy:

5 Likes