People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Ok nice! The look like the philodendron!
I hope they grow strong :hugs::wink:

2 Likes

People often confuse pothos and philodendron. I do all the time.

3 Likes

I think I do too!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been learning more about them and have both in my house. I didn’t realize that the one that has silvery spots is actually a philodendron, scindapsus pictus. And I have another that has dark green almost leathery slick leaves. I grew up calling the pothos plant a philodendron per my dad…he was incorrect! So confusing.

3 Likes

Annnnnd…now I’m reading that the silver pothos is neither pothos nor philodendron!
“You’ve probably seen this pretty vining plant with glittery, silvery variegation on its leaves. It’s usually sold as a “satin,” “silver,” or “silk” Pothos or Philodendron. Surprise, though! It’s neither. From the Arum family (Araceae ), meet Scindapsus pictus

3 Likes

Cool beans!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Aloë Paradisicum AKA Jurassic Dino :grin:

10 Likes

I’ll see myself out :rofl:
But I do love lurking this thread.

9 Likes

Haha :sweat_smile: I like this one!

1 Like

And the horse? For the extra furtilizer? :joy:

2 Likes

When I lived in Tucson I used to grow a lot of cacti from seeds and plant them outside. These are a couple of saguaro cacti I grew from seeds that moved up north with me. The largest one is about 12 inches tall if you include the spines. Both were transplanted a few weeks ago. I hope they put on some decent growth next year. They are about 15 years old.

12 Likes

I’ve never heard of anyone doing that! So amazing. I lived in Tucson for 9 years, moved away 4.5 years ago but it’s one of my favorite places on the planet.

2 Likes

Wow those spine’s are amazing! And they are in such a good health! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We would have had some overlap then. I lived in Tucson for about 10 years. I moved away nearly 9.5 years ago. I lived on the northern side near Sabino Canyon. I LOVED Tucson. I wish I could have kept that house. I wouldn’t mind being a snowbird. :snowflake: :bird:

1 Like

We moved all over as we were poor college students for part of the time. Got my Masters there. Even lived in a cabin near Sahuarita off of Helmet Peak Rd out in the boonies. My favorite spot was on the Westside off Ironwood Hills, which is what Grant turns into past Silverbell. We had a glorious view and a pool…sigh. Miss it dearly.

1 Like

The spines are strong and very sharp. It’s quite a challenge to transplant them. :cactus:

1 Like

It’s hard to have a bad view in Tucson. Surrounded by beautiful mountains. One of my colleagues lived out past Silverbell. He eventually moved closer to the office then to Ireland but that’s a different story. Lol.

1 Like

So this has definitely grown into its own little tree out the top of the mother “leafy thingy”. I am still considering clipping this baby.

9 Likes

My Tradescantia is BOOMING :grin::seedling::seedling::seedling:

10 Likes

Wow! I have purple tradescantia cuttings that I just planted. I hope mine grows quickly!

1 Like