People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

10 Likes

If you put the plant in a spot with lots of in-direct sunlight… He will probably grow really fast. And give only a little bit of water :wink:

1 Like

Go sky high!!! :grin::seedling::rocket:

When I had to move I could not take the mother plant which was Hugh! This I a baby from that plant :blue_heart:

9 Likes

Beautiful! Giant leaves! I bought some moss covered poles recently and they began to smell badly - have you ever encountered this? I had to take them outside they were so stinky and I’m not sure what to do about it.

1 Like

That doesn’t sounds good :thinking: I have never encountered that… I use the ones made from cocos.
Those moss polles you have to make wet right? I think It’s not normal that the are getting so smelly :blush::scream:

Maybe you can let them dry out a bit and start over :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yeah those are the ones. Well that stinks! :laughing: I didn’t get them to make them wet in my case, just to look pretty so I’ll have to reevaluate.

2 Likes

Got my babies all tucked in for their first night underneath the grow light…

Uploading: 20211008_193151.jpg…

10 Likes

Nice and cozy. I am sure the will have a good night of sleep :grin:

1 Like

Trying to catch some afternoon rays. @Its_me_Stella I really need to just buy some grow lights! How do you like the one you got?

11 Likes

I really love this thread. I lost it after I posted at the end of July, catching up has made me so happy, I love plants so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I screenshotted one of my photos from my post so I could do this comparison post. There I was worrying I’d not be able to grow it from a baby, but in two months it’s already outgrown its second pot! I’m not sure what to plant it in next, I have some very large plastic pots but I think they might be too big. How big do these things get!? :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

So you know that garden center here I’ve been raving about? Still cool. But mother of god, I went to desert plant mecca today – courtesy of my new friends Bob and Larry, who I met through my walking group. Both big-time cactus enthusiasts, especially Larry, who can fire off the Latin name of pretty much any plant we saw. I’m learning that with standard succulents you can get away with using the common name, but with cacti, you really need to get the Latin. This place was massive, huge greenhouses that just go on, and on, and on. I’m still picking little spines out of my hands :sweat_smile: Then we went to lunch.

I came away with an 4 plants, which I put into the bowl arrangement below. Then Larry gave my EIGHT of his plants because he has like…hundreds, no joke.

Anyhow. Fun day. Good for me, socially. Glad to have a few friends now. I was also out with them for ~6 hours, which is well past my usual social time threshold, and I didn’t get the least bit antsy to go home. Progress!

@Faugxh garden center photos, as requested (just a different one)

14 Likes

That looks like an awesome store! :cactus:

1 Like

Amazing growth! You might consider splitting it into 2 or more to keep it in smaller pots…they make great gifts, too! Otherwise, I think it will keep getting bigger, especially if you keep putting it in bigger pots - it will grow to fit the pot :blush:

2 Likes

@TMAC , do you mind saying what store? I thought I’d been to all of them here, but that doesn’t look familiar.

1 Like

Nice cactus!
I have one myself :relaxed::ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

I like it. It has little magnets that hold it up so it can be moved around. I used the adhesive tape to adhere the metal tabs under the shelf but was thinking I could hang it from anything metal. Was only 20 bucks or something… cheap.

Sondiko Grow Light Strip, 10W Full Spectrum Sunlike Auto ON&Off LED Plant Grow Light with 2/4/8H Timer&48 LEDs, 4 Dimmable Levels for Indoor Plants Hydroponics Succulent (13.2 inches Length)… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B092SGCSV1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_7XHS7TS2CWAJNHCEZSWQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Oh wow!!! Looks great, how is your palm doing???

Glad you found the thread!!!
(I lose threads too haha)

Wow!!! Great post, had a good chuckle. First at

Then at…

And was appreciative of this…

Sounded like a super day, love your new babies.
How are your flowering asses doing?

2 Likes

Omg this is truly wonderful! Wow! :smiley: I would go there everyday like! Is everyone is Arizona a cactus/succulent lover? Seems like a popular hobby, no? Were you into it before? Dammit I’m gonna get that cactus encyclopedia now I have had in my shopping cart for months now!

Do you perhaps know the name of these adorable little pearly friends second to last photo from the bottom?
And sidenote, how nice to read you went there with two friends you already made and even stayed with them longer than you usually do! Very very awesome! Happy for you! :ok_hand::heart::cactus:

2 Likes

Sadly, still no signs of life from the palm, it remains (literally) on my windowsill :broken_heart::sob:

1 Like