People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

10 Likes

Thanks, I love it, too. We’ve lived in this house almost 3 years and it’s just lately starting to feel like home - and that room in particular just feels good.

2 Likes

Look at all your butt cracks flowering. :joy:

6 Likes

Looking cute!!!

1 Like

Lots of flowers!!!

1 Like

I have a #8. How cute its nickname is Rosy! But I’m not sure what the other might be…what do you all think? #10 maybe? They’re both a little beat up and I’m hoping they recover well.

7 Likes

Codiaeum

10 Likes

Number 9!

If you have enough time and patience you can excaly see those plants closing how darker it gets :ok_hand:t2:

7 Likes

AWE!!!
I love them.
Are the right one’s leaf tips pointed? If so it could be a #5 if they are round #10 for sure. Are these new plants to you?

2 Likes

Beauty, I just love the leaf marking on this plant I couldn’t resist her in the store… :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes I got them recently and am awaiting some potting soil making materials to put them in their homes. I decided to start mixing my own potting soil using coconut coir pith, worm casings and kelp meal. This mixed with whatever potting soil I have left over. This is what the woman who I got these plants from (as well as my two new babies!) uses and her plants are all gorgeous.

2 Likes

Two new to me peperomia! I need to look up their varieties.

9 Likes

What plant is the big one on the second photo? :ok_hand:t2::star_struck:
Does it need direct sunlight?

2 Likes

Hello, long time reader, first time poster :grimacing:

I love this thread.

I like plants, and I have some plants, but I don’t really know anything about plants.

I’ve had this guy for about 3 years and he’s loving all the light he gets in my new office.

12 Likes

Welkom in the plant section of TS :wink:

@RosaCanDo this one is the same as yours right?

2 Likes

Ugh I have this little peperomia that isnt doing well. I had her in the corner shelf so I am going to try her in full light.

Look at these juicy pearls!!!

9 Likes

That plant is gorgeous, beautiful glossy leaves! I love dusting my plants leaves hahahha.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No, it’s actually a different type of plant, though it is commonly known as a “baby rubber plant.” It is actually a peperomia obtusifolia. The stems are quite different and the leaves grow in a different pattern along the stems. It prefers bright indirect light - direct sunlight can be damaging to the dark leaves - but can also adapt to lower light. Edited to say that this variety can have different colored leaves, there is a variegated one also and that one likes direct sunlight.

@Hailstrom has a true rubber plant, a ficus elastica. Mine will never get that big :relaxed: I used to have a rubber plant and they are about the easiest houseplants on the planet to care for!

3 Likes

Is this the one you rescued from your mom? :grin: It looks really healthy and like it just needs time to grow.

2 Likes

Yes! The little dry ball-less one.
:smiley:
I should actually respond back to my original posts.

2 Likes