People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

I LOVE IT. What a cool idea.
:ghost:

1 Like

Lowe’s plant sale… ooooooo might need to check that out and see if the one near me is.

2 Likes

Fun fact about the cactus on the right in the 2nd photo:

That’s a bit of a Frankenstein! Those are two separate cacti grafted together. The red part actually depends on the green part to live. In my experience, at least one part will eventually die (usually the red part), but the other part can be salvaged. Usually happens after a year or 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That is a super fun fact! Here’s to hoping they make it to 2 years :joy:

I was thinking of getting some pebble like you have cause I like the way it looks but I couldn’t find a small bag at Lowe’s. Maybe Amazon?

1 Like

I’ve never tried Amazon, but I’m sure thats a good bet. I hadn’t thought of that, may do it myself.

HD/Lowes usually have small boxes of “river stones” but usually way overpriced for the volume. Hence why I have a 25lb bag of gravel :upside_down_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

Your pancake plant wil he very happy!:grin: And the Aloë vera looks nice on the back of the dino.

2 Likes

Craft stores like Michaels carry them in smaller quantities, also. And I’ve found similar in pet shops for fish tanks!

2 Likes

I love how those leaves unfold in just 2 weeks time.
Nature is so amazing :star_struck::seedling:

15 Likes

We are about to get a Michael’s!! I’m pretty excited We have a hobby lobby but I didn’t even think to check there. I sure did order some off Amazon though lol

1 Like

Beauty.

My sick monstera had a leaf that wasn’t unfurling so I started helping it. Hahahah
WTF?!?!?!?! Who tries to help a fricken plant unwrap its leaf.
3o7abCJnPhzwYzbvDW

Needless to say it didn’t help…

7 Likes

On Amazon, if you search for “plant dressing”, you’ll get some great, affordable options too. River stones, specifically, tend to be pricier.

This search also yields plant-based salad dressings, but mostly you’ll find what you’re after :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The Dollar stores here have them in the craft sections.

1 Like

A good mother who wants to take care of here baby’s :blush::wink:

2 Likes

13 Likes

Gotta love new leaf day! I’m keeping a close eye on this one right here :mag_right:

10 Likes

Very nice!
Maby we can make a new thread for only new leafs growing :grin::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the grow light rec @Its_me_Stella these are great! I need to decide on their final location but for tonight a little extra for these poor kiddos in the dark corner.

13 Likes

My ex neighbour who I go see once a month…
Gave me this little cutie.

I love her to pieces, she saw alot of what went on in that house…
And never has judged me. For that I’m thankful I have a friend like her in my life x

11 Likes

I love plants but seems I am not a good caregiver. They are almost dead. I have to start again with them