People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

@RosaCanDo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Adorable Danni. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Inspired completely by this thread I went out and purchased my very first houseplant. The lady at the shop said it was a snake plant so I will call him Snakey.

She said he only needs a bit of water every few weeks when the tips of his leaves curl over.

I am tickled pink!

17 Likes

That’s a really nice one! I am looking for one like that but need a spot for it still.

3 Likes

Yay welcome to the thread!!!

:orange_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

New winter location for my Callisia (Turtle vine) so I can see it’s giant chia pet glory cascade down (hopefully!) and yes, I’m a bit obsessed with moving my plants around. Next week will be a big transplant project.

12 Likes

Great choice! I have a version of this in one of my bathrooms and not needing a lot of water is probably the only thing that has kept it alive. :laughing:

2 Likes

Incidentally, can anyone ID this plant for me? EDIT: It’s a Peperomia orba (most likely pixie version).

8 Likes

Haha me-too!!! I was just thinking that maybe some of them don’t like to be moved. :unamused:
However I will say that the way I have them situated right now ther is SO much space for NEW PLANTS.
FYnYcQoFmlPeU

6 Likes

I use Picture This
It’s a plant identification app.
I Click through all the crap to just use the free version.

Not sure if a pic of your pic is accurate though.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

I did get some new babies that I haven’t shared…

Some little polka dot plants :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A new peperomia angulata

Another friggen Prayer plant… I guess I am drawn to them. This one is small though, for now…

My OG prayer plant is growing like a mofo…

And this little dieffenbachia is doing really well.

13 Likes

Definitely not accurate. Every plant ID app I’ve tried has been iffy. Good for super basic things though. Thanks for trying!

2 Likes

My little prayer plants aren’t looking great. I’m going to try a repot and new soil.

2 Likes

Those leaves look like my peperomia leaves.

Astrid peperomia?

1 Like

I’m coming up with peperomia orba…maybe. Or a lipstick vine.

2 Likes

The shade of the leaves suit the peperomia but wouldn’t it be nice if it flowered those beautiful red blooms!?!?!? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My thoughts exactly! :cry: But I love it just the way it is. The stems also look similar to the peperomia

2 Likes

@Dazercat what app you are using there?

2 Likes

Just click your way through all the sign up crap to use the free thing. It’s pretty cool. I use it a lot when I’m in Cali. Too much amazing flora there.

3 Likes

Yes this is very useful. Ow wow is see that there are actuallyl a lot of apps to identify plants. I didn’t know this.
Haha thanks :v:

3 Likes