People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

I know I’m on here all the time, convinced that I have found the best cactus nursery in town. But for real this time – I found it. Third times a charm.

The very first nursery I went to (which I once thought was the best) is PITIFUL and overpriced compared to today’s find. Holy moly. Endless selection, and about half the cost (mostly because they have terracotta pots for sale, unlike the fancy-ceramics-only at the other place). Middle place didn’t carry pots.

Today I got an organ cactus and saguaro twins. Organ cacti are pretty gnarly, they grow into these massive clusters like organ pipes – hence the name. Saguaros are the iconic cactus, the ones which grow native here and only here. Now I have my own!

There’s this YT walkthrough of this garden center that someone did, if you want to check the place out. They have some of the most incredible specimens I have EVER seen.

10 Likes

I have plantnet it’s not bad.

2 Likes

I will check that one also… thanks :v:

2 Likes

My corn plant is crazy… lol.
She is shooting another pup from the center of a leafy thing.

I ended up taking that other pup off it was huge and her other stalks weren’t growing…

She is quite the multiplier…

9 Likes

Added some rocks. Not sure how I feel about the colors. Might have to paint the pot

8 Likes

What is the stone in the second picture? Blue calcite?

1 Like

Yes!
Good eye.
Do you like Calcite???
It’s one of my faves…

1 Like

@ShadowFax I finally got my ferns!!!

A crocodile fern…

And two Staghorn ferns, can’t wait to mount these guys…

13 Likes

Everyone’s plants are amazing! @Its_me_Stella love your polka dot one and the other one in that batch… all of them.
I can’t get the Picture this for free. I’m going to try the Plantnet
@TMAC your baby saguaro are the two in the pot on the right?
All the plants are wonderful.

3 Likes

I have the same problem with Picture This. Try Google lens this also works pretty good to identify plants.!

1 Like

Beautiful💙!
I hope they will flourish and have a long life! :wink:

You have been busy collecting New plant.:star_struck: I like the hypoestes such beautiful leaves. Yesterday I repotted my peperomia angulata… hope I t will grow I bit faster now.
Be careful giving water with that one! :wink:

6 Likes

Nice! Very cool cactuses!

2 Likes

Got some cool updates today

My monstera minima is certainly liking her place high up under the ceiling, she’s getting new leaves!

I got some xmassy outdoor plants for my bathroom as I always keep it very cold and last year in winter I had to keep it bare, so my other plants wouldn’t catch frost.

Got some new Xmas cacti to complement my big one, these already came with a lot of flower buds, not my work! :innocent:

And finally this cactus of mine is actually getting a baby!

15 Likes

Thanks! I got them at a clearance sale

2 Likes

I’ve only just started learning about crystals, minerals etc. Blue Calcite just happens to be one of the first ones I bought because apparently it’s calming and good for sleep. And I do love the colour.

I have a piece of honey calcite as well which is cool.

10 Likes

Yes my addict has been very active lately and I am trying not to judge my behaviors. I have a lot of "stuff " going on and I think I am avoiding my feelings by keeping myself distracted outside.
Plants are better than a lot of my other addictive behaviors but this just shows us all how very deeply addiction can hold us.

I do love my plants.
:heart:

3 Likes

This sounds very familiar. I am trying to fill the gap my addiction leaves behind with positive thinks. For example buying more plant and decorate my house. But sometimes I have to slow down my self and say
" NO it’s enough 30 plant" :blush: But I find this very difficult. And yes it’s still some sort of an addiction and has something to do with my addicted brain.

Don’t be to hard on yourself, as said by yourself…
“Plants are allot better than other addictions”
:blue_heart::seedling::wink:

3 Likes

Cute!!!
I love your mini monsteras hanging thingy!!!
:heart_eyes:

I took a photo of my mom’s Christmas cactus for you!

13 Likes

I love the Christmas cactus. They always remind me of my sister. :heart:
But What I’m really wondering is :thinking: who is that cute baby pic next to it :thinking:

1 Like

Yay! New leaf day! I was most worried about this little prayer plant but now I’m relieved.

9 Likes