4 Likes

Oh my god just open already…

13 Likes

Try having a friend come in and shout at it

Then, you come back and gently encourage it

A bit of the ol’ good cop//bad cop

4 Likes

Shrively! If that’s a word.
The sun was too intense for them, even with me limiting the exposure, so they got quite stressed. I actually thought they were done for, but the guys at the nursery said that while they’re definitely stressed, they are looking as they should post-flowering (like shit).

With the sun shade, should be much happier – more hours of sunlight, but half intense. They are winter growers so hopefully start seeing some new bums popping out soon (gross).

I won’t post what they look like now, it’s just indecent :joy:

4 Likes

What a nice piece of “art” you made there Stella. I really love it :star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have lots of “lipsticks” popping out at the moment! :star_struck:

9 Likes

Hahah you must. I am invisioning shrively asses now.

These little pearls are doing well… and I mean. Your asses can’t look worse than these little pearls did when I first got them.
:sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Awe ty.
It was fun collecting all the bits to mount them.

1 Like

Looks like you are growing Pikmin :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hahah it does!!!
Cute.

2 Likes

Well we, Kelly actually has one plant.
Wifey doesn’t do plants or gardening!
Mother’s Day gift.
It’s actually looking pretty good. It was rough going.

I bought something in Austin for it to sit on :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Hahaha does that say " I don’t know shit about fuck."?

4 Likes

You know it :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I had this plant for at least a month before the new leaf that was popping out finally did the deed!

8 Likes

Woooohooooo!!!
A new shoot on my “sick” monstera. I guess she likes her new soil mix. I promised her I would keep my fingers off her while she takes her time unfurling her leaf.

Patience is not my strong suit.

:roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Babies got new pots! I learned that some plants do better in certain pots compared to others. Pro tip: if your plant has tuberous roots, try not to use a rounded pot where the opening is angled inward slightly…it is so much harder to get that plant out when it’s root bound! So so difficult. Now to figure out where these should live.

14 Likes

Ooooh FUN!!!

2 Likes

It really was! I’ve mixed my own potting soil for the first time and it was an adventure! I hope they like it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So like 2 months ago, you might recall I got a melocactus and some delosperma and potted them together in a terracotta bowl.
I learned recently that the two have very different water requirements (should’ve checked before…live and learn). Melocactus is a typical cactus with typical water needs. Delosperma are very thirsty lil’ fuckers.

So today it was time for surgery. Luckily their roots weren’t too intertwined yet. I actually kinda like it better this way. Something about the arrangement of the two was lacking, for me.

So uhhh…then I’m left with this big, empty bowl.
We all know the answer to this question.
I’ve been wanting to get more standard non-cacti succulents back in the mix now that I have the sun shade, and then I saw these marvelous purples and reds and knew I had to combine them together. These should blow up and fill the bowl over time, so it should result in something quite striking. Looking forward to watching it grow.

And finally…well, it wasn’t a matter of “if” but “when”. Table #2, in the mix. Look at all that sexy plant real estate.

18 Likes

7 Likes