People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Awe mine is sort of complimentary!!!

She is my first poinseta, I have no idea how to care for her…

Yours looks really pretty with the candles Derek.

8 Likes

I have that album!!!
:heart_eyes:

Haha is John keeping the leaves on your sketchy jade?

:joy:

1 Like

Water 3-5 days. Other than that it’s pretty easy going. I also got a Christmas cactus!

Candles are bath n body works lol.

2 Likes

New? Why you holding out on us? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Plant day, plant day

Just a coupl’a babies today. That mammilaria (the cactus) had its way with my fingertips, ouchies.

I now have 21 pots going :grimacing:

16 Likes

It’s time for another plant.

1 Like

I won’t stop until I get an award for rescuing so many plants from getting drowned by the garden staff at Lowe’s.

4 Likes

12 Likes

This reminds me of when I would find leaves on the ground from my schefflera that looked shiny and wet and I was so confused. Then I caught Lupe munching on it. Doh!

9 Likes

Reminds me of what I called my first plant at 10. I went on a holiday, returned and it was just gone! It took me a while to let go of that…

2 Likes

How cool is that! One of my older sisters used to (& maybe still does? :thinking:) grow these all the time and had a whole bunch, definately worth it once u spot ur very own, first avocados! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool! First time I’ve seen one blossom like that… :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve grown ( the same) poinsettias for years and years and years inside. If you keep giving them love and water they will keep growing, they will keep their color also. They might go all green for a while but sooner or later they will put their color back on. You don’t have to hide them in the closet to get them to come back with some color. In the old days we used to use ice Cubes to water them. I just looked on the Internet and there’s a lot of debate about that.u

2 Likes

9 Likes

After underwhelming visits to 2 nurseries (1 new, 1 been to before but expensive) with my friend yesterday, I went up to the best one this morning.

Big, medium, smol.

Big is an astrophytum hybrid. Absolute steal. They are generally pricy, especially once big. Got this for about half what I’d expect.

Medium are echeverias, those should fill that pot and turn purple swiftly.

I was gonna leave it at that, but then I saw smol boy and it’s common name is “red-headed Irishman”. So when it came to buying it, I had no choice in the matter :eyes:

12 Likes

Some advice would be appreciated plant folks. This one is dropping leaves all over the place, but does seem to be growing aswell. Is this normal? I’m being very sparing with water and it gets the sun being on the window ledge. Am I doing something wrong? The big crassula next to it seems perfectly happy atm :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Don’t come for me :grimacing:
I’m surprised they are still living. Let’s see if they make it through. I got rid of Burt though. He poked my fingers one too many times

7 Likes

This is me :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

The danger with cacti is actually over-nurturing

They like to be ignored! :grin:

3 Likes

Oh good! I’m in the clear then :joy: