People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Oh my goodness, I need that little pink indoor friend of yours, what is its name? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hypoestes - there are pink, red, and white varieties!
Also known as the polka dot plant.

1 Like

Thank you :blush::white_flower:

1 Like

Of course! Snake plants are super easy as long as you neglect them and disparage them occasionally.

Hoyas are pet safe like @RosaCanDo said, as are Calathea/Maranta/Stromanthe which I’m obsessed with. Such gorgeous leaves and a circadian rhythm so they move throughout the day.

I’m putting together a pet safe list today, I’ll put it in here too.

3 Likes

Bought myself a pink baby to nurture :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

They are so cute!

1 Like

I’ve been mocking mine all day, she’s really thriving now haha

I’d love to see a pet safe list! :heart_eyes_cat::seedling:

1 Like

Oh yay!!!
So super cute.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Very cute! I’m sure you will give it a good home. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Astrophytum asterias

Had my eye on these for a while

11 Likes

So pretty!

2 Likes

oooh are those little thingies on them fuzzy???

2 Likes

I bet they have those micro thorns that really get embedded…dangerous!

2 Likes

Yes they are!
No spines yet but like other astro varieties, I wouldn’t be surprised if some developed. Small and not very sharp, though – at least on the others.

I can’t stop going out to look at them, I’m super happy with these ones. I stayed away because of cost for months, but I figured I might as well use a small part of my tax return on something that makes me happy, while saving the rest. Good choice :slight_smile:

They should spit out some flowers in the spring!
They also get quite large, apparently, if well-cared for. Takes years and years.

4 Likes

New plant mom :green_heart::seedling:

8 Likes

I love new Hoya leaves! So pretty.

This one came out funky!

9 Likes

Thought of you when I saw this…

Are they expensive little fuckers?

:sweat_smile:

10 Likes

This little one is growing like a maniac…

Waiting in anticipation for these to unfurl…

And this little leaf is fitting in well with the others… so super cute. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

My new pink baby arrived today, very sad with how it was treated along the way, despite the ‘FRAGILE’ tape all over it. It is very battered and bruised, will it recover? Shall I leave it in its current pot to let it settle for a while before I re-pot it into something slightly bigger?

5 Likes

It still looks beautiful despite all that! What a trooper. I would leave it in that pot for a bit, I think that’s a smart move. You could set the nursery pot in a decorative pot in the meantime if you wanted. Congrats on the new baby!

6 Likes