People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

I had to move the tables back up to the edge. I preferred it the other way much more (against the back wall), but with spring coming and the sun being higher in the sky, they get like 3-4 hours more sun per day if they’re moved up like this due to the upstairs balcony overhang.

I also spent an hour or two yesterday replacing any of the pots with sand dressing with red lava rock dressing. The sand was clumping and so the soil was staying moist too long. I do this shit without gloves so ol’ TMAC has a solid dozen puncture wounds today :sweat_smile:

I also got some wrought iron art a few weeks back, and some new solar string lights earlier in the week.

15 Likes

That wrought iron piece is so cool! I found some metal quails there that I still have and love. Need to find them a good spot come spring. And maybe rehab them a bit. They’re just a bit tarnished which kind of looks neat, too.

7 Likes

I had to resist the urge big time at my grocery store…

I might be going back.

8 Likes

Oooh I love my dragon tail…
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I support your very primal need for her.

3 Likes

I do I adore them … I live on a boat so technically boat plants… but I kill them all. I think I’m doing the right thing and then… poof.

Must try harder … :cry:

Oh man, what a beautiful spot you have right there. I absolutely love cacti. Amazing little creatures. Thanks for posting these pics. I got 6 inches of snow outside my window.

2 Likes

Sorry I’ve been MIA, been busy (but not making money which is annoying but here we are lol).

Pet safe planty friends: Hoya, Pilea, Calathea/Stromanthe/Maranta, Peperomia, Aphelandra, some succulents (the strings for sure). I’m sure there are more but those are the ones in my shop that are pet safe.

3 Likes

Love how you can see the leaf structure in this one.

And this one fascinated me! It’s like it’s pixelated.

8 Likes

Oh cute what is the pixels one. It looks a bit like my alligator fern…

1 Like

Wow! I love them both. The last one reminds me of kelp.

2 Likes

I am moving some plants around to make more room for my parents who are coming to visit. I am so in love with this baby!

11 Likes

Isn’t it cute? That one is a Calathea Musaica.

2 Likes

Lovely evening on the balcony

10 Likes

This last week has been really hard, a lot of tears, but when I opened my blinds and said good morning to my babies I saw this!! Immediately a big smile crossed my face and excitement came over me.

Finding joy amid the heartache is possible.

:sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Brought home some new children today. The Dragon Tail that I posted recently was still at the store, yay! She’s home with me now. I went to my local nursery after hearing they got a big shipment of plants and wow! Sooo many beautiful plants within my price range it was hard to choose. I decided to stick with what I’d had my eye on for some time, a Stromanthe Triostar with the beautiful pinks and reds. I started my houseplant collection with Hoyas and I’ve been wanting a Compacta aka “Hindu Rope” and then I saw a bunch of tiny Hoya babies! One of them a compacta and I don’t know what the other is, but I’m really excited to start them this small and see them grow.

14 Likes

I’m excited for you!!!

2 Likes

Those are fantastic, Rosa. This thread makes me happy.

3 Likes

:exploding_head:

8 Likes

I’ve seen this…wonder if it’s sufficient?

1 Like

I’ve actually seen them have plants stocked this way at some of the big box stores (Lowes, HD, etc)

Plants are on a pallet, water container under the pallet, string through the bottom of the pot down into the water.

3 Likes