People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

That makes more sense to me than the string laying on top of the soil.

1 Like

Omg! I don’t know how I didn’t realize that this new leaf was a forked one!!! :heart_eyes: I ended up trimming the damaged leaf, unfortunately. But otherwise it looks really healthy! All my new plants have roots growing out of the bottom of their nursery pots so I have some work to do repotting.

9 Likes

I love it, I recently got two of those myself. Well, technically for the shop but I needed them to come home with me. Lol I am obsessed with the Decursiva leaf shape and texture.

1 Like

I love this blue melocactus that I picked up last month, don’t think I’ve shared it yet:

And more shots from the balcony

10 Likes

This is why I don’t own plants

8 Likes

Are those your first blooms?!? Beautiful.

1 Like

What type is the one in the 5th picture? I’m looking for something exactly like this.

2 Likes

Its very cute the thorny bits almost look plastic.

1 Like

It is! I have a cute little pot I got last spring that I’m wanting to use. 🪴😊

6 Likes

Not 100% sure exactly! It was a big-box store find and I didn’t note what it was, if it was even labelled. It’s definitely an aloe. Doing a very loose google search, my best guess would be an aloe crosby’s prolific.

1 Like

I think so! This one has been putting out flowers consistently for like 2 months now!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s what it is. The Crosby’s Prolific may grow to be larger than what I’m looking for, but your tip led me to another variety… Guido Aloe. Here’s a photo. Thank you! :blush:

6 Likes

Stella’s looking better over here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I gave her a new beginning :hugs:

:pray::heart:
ODAAT
@Its_me_Stella

7 Likes

Awe!!!
You named your critical case after meeeee.
:sweat_smile:

Rosa and I were just saying those are our favorites they really makes you feel amazing when they come back to life!!!

ODAAT.

5 Likes

My last couple jobs have been at nurseries. Mostly because of anxiety it really helps. I’m not an expert either. I mostly re-potted plants all day. 1 gallon to 3 gallon, 3 gallon to 7 gallon And so on. This was in Saint Augustine Florida. I mostly did all the stuff that nobody else wanted to do but it was really fun. I would take on projects just to be away from everyone. One time I had to weed like 40 yards of agave plants That have been neglected for a long time. I remember that took three days and I had to wear safety glasses and get cut all over the place. I mostly just learn simple things like how to tell when a plant needs water. Does the plant look happy and up if so then it’s fine … Is it droopy and down than it needs to be watered. Really the only thing you need to read up on and just have experience is going to be on deficiencies and also pest and animals… A creative way to make a garden bed and it’s fairly cheap is to use cinderblocks for the perimeter fill in the middle with soil and plant whatever. Then the Cinder blocks that go around the perimeter you can use them for a little plants going around. My favorite plant I’m pretty sure It’s called fire cracker. It looks really cool and I remember every time we would get a fresh batch and off the truck I’ll be pretty psyched… Now I’m in Tucson Arizona but just temporary I don’t really wanna work at a nursery here. But I do notice there’s lots of oleanders in Arizona maybe because they can handle the heat

I don’t even remember if I’m on the right topic still or answer the question.? But I do love being outside. I really like plants. And I can’t wait to go back to Florida And see rain and grass

5 Likes

Awe you should get a little houseplant!!!
Sounds like you take good care of them.

3 Likes

I think working in a nursery would be such a wonderful experience. St.Augustine is such a neat town. I’m sure the plant life there is incredible.

2 Likes

I worked at Ace Hardware for about a year in the garden apartment, then Leonardi’s nursery… I have had a lot of jobs but this is the most useful. Before I worked for these places I thought that you had to go to school for this, or have a green thumb, but really it’s just a few simple things. All that crazy stuff you see hanging on the shelf at Ace Hardware you don’t need any of it…

Yes Saint Augustine Florida is so cool. I was living downtown About a two minute bike ride from the Bridge of lions…Something about that City … I miss getting off work filthy from soil and dirt biking over the bridge of lions with a storm coming… I’ve been in Tucson I miss the rain so so much.

And yes the plant life is very colorful in Florida and there is so many different things changing for every season. I am no expert. But after reaching out on this post I realize that I probably should utilize the skills for whatever job is next.

3 Likes

This baby makes me so happy :grin: I really love growing plants from little cuttings.

13 Likes

I love these; so pretty.

1 Like