People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

So pretty, looks like a type of Pepperomia (sp)??

It’s a Tradescantia :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I went off yesterday… spring must be in the air.
A super amazing Ctenanthe Setosa

A new Stag Horn Fern because I killed the two I mounted. :laughing:

Ugh another Dragon Tail I couldn’t resist her she has three new growth starting…

And a little Z plant. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And I am SOOOO EXCITED. My OG Dragon Tail has totally unfurled AND has a new shoot on her!!!

xTiN0CNHgoRf1Ha7CM

16 Likes

Very pretty :blush:

1 Like

Some of my favourite plants/flowers and areas to walk and my hobby is to find curious things…:cactus::mushroom::avocado::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

What are those pink seeds (beans) from?

These are Runner Beans from a grown and dried crop yield. I think they are beautiful.

3 Likes

So pretty, I have never seen them before.

1 Like

Me too. They are my mother in laws, and I admit to doing the old five finger shuffle on these two. :joy:

2 Likes

So… If I had to pick a favorite type of plant I would say mine is definitely prayer plants.

Their foliage is so stinking pretty and they are so cooooool the way they pray.
:pray:

What’s you favorite type???

9 Likes

Probably the Christmas Cactus.
Reminds me of my sister.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

I would probably pick Hoyas. There are so many varieties and they’re so resilient and easy to propagate and share with others. I’ve given away at least dozens of cuttings over the years. And the cuttings I got from my Mami (which were from my grandma’s plant) were some of my first houseplants ever. Very special. I just bought some U-shaped bamboo trellises to give this giant a makeover.

But I do love begonias, too! Especially my Beefsteak Begonia.

9 Likes

@Dazercat I love them too, they remind me of my Nan

@RosaCanDo I have never had either!!! Maybe a hoya should go on my list of “nexts”

2 Likes

Yours are all beautiful… The cats we have make short work of our plants, but I do love my kokedoma and cheese plant… Snake plants are very cool. Currently loving terrariums, so nerve plants are great.

4 Likes

There are some really cool looking ones! They can trail or be trellised, too.

1 Like

Probably any type of agave.
but really any sort of plant that wants to hurt me and be ignored :joy:

4 Likes

Omg finally!!! One of my African Violets has flower buds after who knows how long. Spring really is here. The other is really healthy but has been slow to grow by comparison. They’ve only bloomed for me once since I brought them home with blooms already on them a couple years ago (at least, I can’t remember).

10 Likes

I was actually going to say.

"Except T, he doesn’t need to answer that question. "
:joy:

Those succulents I got for my birthday… are in pain. The jade is in the trash.
I ignore them they die, love on them they die.

I do have one ( I think it is a succulent) that I didn’t water for literally a YEAR. It was shrivelled up but nowhere near dead. Now that I am taking care of it I fear it will take over my house.

10 Likes

Awe cute!!!
I have no flowering plants. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Got this from “the internet” . We had talked about poinsettias outside! This is so beautiful!
Everyone’s plants here look great!

6 Likes