People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

@PlantLady19 and @RosaCanDo I guess it does close up at night. :sweat_smile: I learn something every day!

9 Likes

Those blooms are awesome, TMAC. Will be in AZ next weekend and so looking forward to lots of cacti viewings.

1 Like

So many blooms!

7 Likes

Ughhh. I’m jealous. Everyone says these plants aren’t that hard to take care of but mine always looks so sad :sob:

2 Likes

I’ve killed my share of plants, so I get it. I let the soil get dry with this one and water sparingly, and it seems to like that. Often that’s because I literally forget to water the poor thing for a while, to be honest. :sweat_smile: Maybe that’s the trick?

This nursery is right next to my apartment. I’ve been in Tucson for eight months and just didn’t ever go that direction. I might have some more photos but they have everything at this place. They have a pretty big greenhouse, and then a pretty large outside area. Thought I would share this hope everybody has a good day

Ps: Sometimes I go here and just sit down and think about stuff for a couple hours.

9 Likes

Beautiful spot to chill.

1 Like

I’ve heard the same from others… I’ll stop watering! :pray:

1 Like

I’ve debated whether to post flower arrangements here or to make a new thread, but I decided it might be niche enough that it would be better in the plant thread.

I love arranging flowers when I have the time and money to dedicate.

9 Likes

Oh yes welcome here for sure!!!
I love flowers so much too, I was considering taking a flower arranging course. Being a florist would be an amazing job.

2 Likes

Great! A flower arranging class would probably be really enjoyable. You should do it if you have the opportunity!

2 Likes

I’ve always loved arranging flowers, too. @Chiron

2 Likes

Doing some repotting, giving away some spider plants (wow they were super root bound!) and I’m not sure what to do with this funky peperomia…I have a nice wide and shallow pot for it and might just let it do it’s thing rather than mess with it too much. I’m always tempted to start from scratch and chop things, root in water. :thinking:

6 Likes

Baby got a new pot! I think I’m going to have to transition to all terracotta. It’s just easier for me to maintain proper moisture. But I have some pretty pots, too! I don’t know!!!

8 Likes

I have been buying terracotta lately too.

2 Likes

It looks great! That’s a tough choice! Do you have a really hard time with the moisture content in the other pots?

1 Like

Here’s the after photo on this one.

7 Likes

Just with certain plants that seem more sensitive to maintaining a certain level of moisture in the soil as opposed to drying between waterings. The ones that are more tolerant to getting pretty dry do better for me in glazed pots and the ones that need to stay moist are harder for me because then I tend it overwater them. So I guess it’s just a personal thing.

1 Like

That makes sense. I still have a lot to learn about the best way to care for individual plants, and how different pots affect them.

I’m learning, too. It seems counterintuitive to me that maintaining moisture works better in a terracotta pot since they breathe and I end up having to water more often, but it really helps me with the overwatering issue. The glazed pots are pretty and I can put plants that can be a bit neglected in them and they tolerate it.

2 Likes