People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

It’s a Crimson Princess. They are green on outside, the Queens are white on the outside. I’m just getting into Hoyas but I love them so far. Can’t wait for some flowers!

1 Like

Hey, thanks!!! My Hoyas have all bloomed in the past but after I transplanted them last year they haven’t bloomed. I’ve read they need a season to get settled and root bound again before blooming, but honestly I’m okay with it for now because the fragrance of mine in this small space is pungent! Enjoy your Hoya adventures!

1 Like

Oooh I can’t wait for one to bloom! A Crimson Queen at my shop.

My new table at the shop, with a bunch of Tradescantia and things.

8 Likes

Oooh all so pretty! I love that display table.

1 Like

Thank you! I want to put a couple chairs in front of it to sit and read in but there’s not quite enough room.

1 Like

5 Likes

WTAF!!! I’m crying over here. It’s the second flower bud to fall off like this. I have one more that is promising…can’t decide if I should transplant the lot.

3 Likes

7kn27lnYSAE9O (1)

A FLOWER!!!

8 Likes

Awe.
Mine didn’t do well at all…

:face_with_head_bandage:

Omg!!! Yay!

1 Like

Hey @RosaCanDo, did I see a while ago that you built a plant bar for hanging plants from the ceiling? I have two new kitties who want to dig in everything and I want to keep alive what I can. If my memory is correct on this can you give me any tips? Thanks. :bouquet:

2 Likes

12 Likes

Bahahahaha!!! Omg. This made me cackle!

1 Like

I tried! LOL but it ended up being much more complicated than I was willing to do. So I just went with ceiling hooks. They’re “swag” hooks so they disperse the weight a bit and they work for me.

1 Like

La Gordita, taking her time. She’ll only bloom once and it’ll be at night. It’ll be tough to catch.

Flower stalk shooting out here

6 Likes

Thank you. It looks complicated and like I might pull the drywall down on my head. I’ll go another route. :+1:t2:🪴

1 Like

Like once in her whole life? Or just this season?

1 Like

Awesome. I love it!

1 Like

Once a year!

Agaves flower once in their lifetime, though. They croak right after :expressionless:

1 Like

So those 2 flowers from El Gordo stopped blooming about a week ago (so they were blooming about a week), then fell off yesterday. Incredibly, replaced by 3 new ones overnight! These ones are even fuller and nicer. Totally unexpected.

Also, as we leave winter, my butts are more or less done shedding. Getting the hang of these lil weirdos.

7 Likes