People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

I actually have no clue! :sweat_smile:

The pictures I’ve seen, the stem is much longer before it opens but who knows. It’s growing REALLY fast at this point.

1 Like

I’m excited! Whatever night it is I hope you get it on film!!

1 Like

Maybe tonight?
Looks like she grew an asparagus.

9 Likes

I hope so. I’m excited to see what it looks like. I feel like we’re waiting for a birth to happen here. :joy:

3 Likes

My aloe looking handsome!

10 Likes

Me as well :joy:

3 Likes

Still waitin’

9 Likes

I cannot believe how hard I am rooting for this little cactus. :heart::cactus: Your posts make me happy. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Gotcha!

You can see how saggy/wrinkly La Gordita (aka Momma Cactus) is now, she’s used up so much energy sprouting this lovely flower! Amazing how big it is by comparison. This is also my first cactus flower that smells, it’s really nice!

16 Likes

Yay! Congratulations lol

So pretty :heart_eyes: How long will the flower live?

1 Like

I think just a day or two at most. It’s already starting to wilt, shrink, and droop.

2 Likes

Boo, well that’s kinda disappointing.

It was fun to watch and anticipate her arrival lol

2 Likes

Yay! There it is! It’s really beautiful. It’s so perfect that it looks fake. Enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like

OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!

Vhtb7WXHkP7k4

3 Likes

I’ve never had or seen a cactus that blooms from the bottom like this…and there’s so many! Amazing how they snake their way up through the gravel.
Looking at similar specimens online, this is just how these ones do their thing.

Flower smells like musty basement though. Somewhat nostalgic for me, but not ideal for the masses.

14 Likes

It’s time to repot this one. 🪴 My money tree plant is over 14 years old now. This one is a pachira glabra. I don’t think domestic ones live much longer than this, but he still seems healthy, just not as full as he once was.

12 Likes

So nice to reacquaint myself with this thread! Some new lovelies in my shop…

7 Likes

And this! So grateful.

12 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

That’s fantastic, thank you! lol

@TMAC your cactus flowers are just beautiful!

3 Likes