People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1) - #2572 by Curtis-81.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

@acromouse @Leveller @TrustyBird we need to start a lantana fan club.

14 Likes

Beautiful @RosaCanDo.
Mine will be just little babies I think. It will be good to have an update on them every few months.
Im going back to spain in August so will get some nice photographs of tge ones growing like weeds everywhere over there.
Lantana …it rolls off the tongue.
:+1::smiley:

4 Likes

I loved growing them when I lived in Southern Arizona, they definitely thrive on heat and bright sun. Giant bushes of the things! I have always grown them since I moved back to colder climates and they don’t overwinter, but they do get pretty substantial in size by the end of the season and that makes me happy enough :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I can just imagine how they grow well in Spain! I hope your babies do well.

2 Likes

Anybody has an idea what this is? Bought it earlier this spring, alI I remember is it’s perennial, does well in semi-shade and should give flowers. Not that it really matters what’s the name, I already like it :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

:drooling_face:

15 Likes

Picture This says

8 Likes

That’s the one I think. Thanks Eric!

4 Likes

19 Likes

Isn’t Mullein tea an absolute powerhouse?

I’m sure it’s fantastic for the lungs! :lungs:

2 Likes

Oh I love peace lilies… 17 flowers :astonished: that’s impressive. It seems to be enjoying the outdoors :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I finally got to go pick up a couple of things at the nursery.

I thought a couple of rubber tree s would look good in the Catio.

And a fire stick clipping. They grown pretty nice without much care or water.

Moved my Snake plant. I think it might be getting too much sun. It seems too big and out of control. Anyone know if I can just cut them down a bit. They seem pretty indestructible if you don’t take care of them. Maybe a bigger pot. They finally have a forever home. And I’d like to keep them outside. They were my grandmother’s from her house in the 60’s in Lowell Ma. They’ve been through hell but keep coming back.

And there’s a Stella clone down by the coleus.

I like the coleus in honor of my sister and my trips to Guatemala

My white hydrangea turned a pink. Will it turn blue next @erntedank do they all start off white?

13 Likes

Love all your plants, but that new catio furniture isn’t getting past me. Beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks Lisa.
Shes ordered everything on line. She won’t go into a store to shop. And it’s looking great. We didn’t actually have any of our own furniture. We usually just buy and sell it with the houses. Not this time. Can’t wait for a break to get the cats out there. We bought an air horn in case of predators like hawks or whatever bird of prey might be out there. It won’t be relaxing. Might have to think this part over. We still have the cats on deck though.
:pray:t2::heart:
My last move!! :grimacing:

4 Likes

I’m envious of wifey’s online shopping skills. I have this fear my furniture would show up in dollhouse size. :joy:

That air horn is a great idea. I wouldn’t have thought about the predators until a fur baby went missing. :grimacing:

Your forever home is coming together nicely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

No that’s funny :grin:

She scares me. I keep saying we need to go look. She only buys stick items that can be returned. Mostly reputable places like Crate And Barrel and Room and Board.

My son-in-law mentioned the hawks. I’d kill myself if something happened. We’ll make sure Benson is out there with us. He’ll protect us.

3 Likes

I love all the plants :heart::heart::heart:. My hydrangea is starting to bloom and I see blue :blue_heart:…I think it’s all the coffee grinds I’ve been feeding it …I read that coffee grinds can alter the acidic level and help the blue come out …:pray:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:
@dazercat
@erntedank

11 Likes

Noice :+1:

I HAVE COFFEE GROUNDS!!!
Been saving them for some of my roses. Do the hydrangeas like coffee grounds too @erntedank

4 Likes

Yea that works i use vinegar mix it with my water in can . also tried Aluminum Sulfate and lime juice , my Hydrangea cuttings coming on

8 Likes

Ooh those are excellent tips…I will definitely try as well. Thanks Ray. Your hydrangeas look so lush and beautiful :heart:

2 Likes