People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 2)

My orchid is blooming and shows her gratitude :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Wow! Thats big and beautiful. Nice job :+1: :grin:

2 Likes

I bought these two today. Now I have to get them into nice pots.

13 Likes

Oh they are beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Clematis isn’t it? Nice colours!

1 Like

Here they are, it took a week for them to arrive but they did arrive and were well packaged.
I really dont know how they will do in this wet weather we cant seem to get rid of.
They can stay in the greenhouse for now.

9 Likes

I found another false black widow…

Gag :face_vomiting: they make being outside a nightmare for me this time of year.

7 Likes

How do you know its false? That thing looks serious.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware we have no true Black widows!! :grimacing:

3 Likes

I would give him a wide berth just to be safe.

5 Likes

I love clematis. I’m very fortunate that my neighbors have one growing on our shared fence and it favors our side! It hasn’t flowered yet but I’ll take a photo when it does. It’s a purple shade and well established.

3 Likes

I used to have two of them, real beauties. Then the guys replacing our balcony door moved the planter and destroyed them. I was really sad about loosing them.
Then I planted two new ones two years ago, but they were eaten by some pest.
So now I am hoping that the third time will do the trick.

3 Likes

Ya’ll want some real ones?

In my 3 years in the desert, I have yet to see a single scorpion or snake.

…but good GOD, I have so many fucking black widows. There’s at least a few living on the underside of my greenhouse tables - I leave them for the lizards. My laundry shack is always good for a few. Thankfully they’re never actually IN my house.

They are the reason why I keep a blowtorch on hand. I have to cook a few a week, usually.

When I was in San Diego over the weekend, I got a notification from my motion-activated cameras.

Fuckin’ black widow was building a web on my camera! Wish I could share the video itself, creepy as all hell.

6 Likes

Jesus T, I couldn’t cope. That film arachnophobia still scares me. I seriously wouldn’t go in the yard.

4 Likes

My cacti seem to be coming along nicely since I put them on the bottom of my speaker stand👍🏻

9 Likes

13 Likes

13 Likes

From my walk this morning

That’s a beefy stalk

18 Likes

That is one big ass artichoke. Teehee

2 Likes

Geranium is doing well on my balcony.

17 Likes