People in Recovery and Plants!

Look at the growth in just 25 days!

9 Likes

I am loving my plant centric living room! I even have space for a couple more… :potted_plant:

17 Likes

15 Likes

Love all my plants, definitely makes me happy watching them grow!

I talk to them!! :rofl:

14 Likes

Beautiful. Love the shots

1 Like

They all look super happy

2 Likes

I made this today in one of my jar terrariums (with living moss and some air plants)… I’m actually super into it already.

10 Likes

This is so cool!!!
How much fun that must’ve been putting this together

1 Like

Oh you just have the coolest plants :heartbeat:

1 Like

17 Likes

Owwww, that skull with matching “brain” cactus! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Love it!

2 Likes

Can’t take credit for the idea! That would be from Trader Joe’s (American grocery chain, not sure if they are elsewhere).

All I did was drill drainage holes in the bottom and re-pot into better soil :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like it anyway :sweat_smile::grin:

1 Like

Found a spot for this big old pothos and decided to hang it in a funky way in front of this window in our “library” and meditation space. Got some propagation going, too.

10 Likes

Autumn leaves as the backdrop to the alocasia zebrina stingray.

12 Likes

Chop and prop day for this pilea! Got too tall and leggy. After some research I found out you can propagate single leaves if you carefully cut a portion of the stem and leave it attached to the leaf. I’m going to leave what is in the original pot for the time being but may propagate the larger pup at some point. Wish me luck!

11 Likes

Haworthia fasciata

Astrophytum myriostigma

Euphorbia cooperii

Lastly - Conophytum obcordellum lambertense. Really excited about this one, first time I’ve found them for sale in person. Endemic to sections of South Africa and Namibia, Conophytum are very slow-growing, small, clustering succulents. The papery/white bits are remnants of the “sheath” they grow over themselves in summer to protect itself from the harsh summer sun. The plant then sheds its papery cover in the autumn to begin its winter growth cycle, which is where we are now.

http://www.llifle.com/Encyclopedia/SUCCULENTS/Family/Aizoaceae/16149/Conophytum_obcordellum

15 Likes

I’m really pleased with how this photo came out. Great lighting, framed well. If there’s anything I love as much as my plants themselves, it’s photographing them.

18 Likes

Beautiful @TMAC

1 Like

I thought I had lost all of my tradescantia zebrina when I left it out and there was a frost overnight. I had taken the big bowl shaped pot out for the summer but also transplanted a bit into a hanging planter with other fall foliage. Well that bit survived! I brought the planter into the garage and then forgot about it for over a week. Went and saw my pretty “wandering dudette” was looking gorgeous, so now she has a pretty pot of her own and is safely inside.

11 Likes