People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

I had a really bad infestation last year. In addition to the yellow sticky traps, I would go round with my handheld vacuum cleaner, tap the pots a couple of times to make the gnats fly out and then suck the little fuckers right out of the air :smiling_imp:
:squid:

4 Likes

I love that!!

1 Like

HELP!:rotating_light: Does anyone know what is happening with my agave plant? :sob::broken_heart: The little sunken spots are new and I can’t find anything on Google.

5 Likes

Did these divots just appear overnight all at once? Or has it been a short-term progression?

I’m thinking animal or pest, but I can’t say that for certain.

I worked at a plant store here in AZ for a year or so and there’s some people there I could show this to and ask, if you’d like? They would absolutely know.

4 Likes

Yes, can you please ask around? It was overnight. I brought it in after a two days of rain. Brought it back out yesterday and noticed the little dots this afternoon. I also don’t know if a bird or squirrel was picking at it? They are fairly savage around my area. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah small animal is my bet. I’ll see what I can find out!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I hope it’s okay. :cry:

2 Likes

10 Likes

My friend said it’s “from the inner parts”, and that it will go away on its own :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great to hear — thank you for asking! The little guy is probably just excited spring/summer has returned. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I promised to share a pic of my oak tree ages ago. This one is the bigger one of two. About 1.5m including pot.
How is your little oak @Mno ?

I do have horse chestnuts as well. Around 3m height at 12-14 years old.They need repotting. I just ordered two130 litre pots! That’s going to be my biggest repot yet.
:squid:

11 Likes

Wow! Beauty! I was thinking of trying chestnut as well. Later this year. My oak is still alive, although not growing much yet. But there’s always hope.

10 Likes

I found a little sycamore (at least I think that’s what it is) in one of my containers. I transplanted it to its own pot. This is my new project now :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Hi All, here is my ‘houseplant of the day.’ It’s a Peperomia Metallica.

Enjoy your day! :sparkles::sunflower:

(The Sunflower is for you @Twizzlers :yellow_heart:)

13 Likes

This is one of my favorites. It’s a Manjula Pothos.

13 Likes

My geometricus buds have been sitting for ages.
I’ve had an eye on these bugs for a week or so. Trying to figure out if they are helpful or harmful.
After a bunch more were birthed yesterday, I was able to figure out what they are - black aphids. They suck the sap and water from the flower buds. Foes, not friends.

Last night I wiped them off with a wet sponge that had a drop of pesticide in it. Easy peasy.

Today, she thanked me :blush:

18 Likes

Here’s my Pink Princess Philodendron. Usually has flecks of pink, first time I’ve ever seen an entire pink leaf 🩷

16 Likes

Hi @TMAC I’m still on Peanut Cactus watch. 2 of my 3 little balls are growing longer. I walked by it this weekend and it scared me, thought a bee :honeybee: was sitting on it! :joy:

13 Likes

Update on my little agave plant: So far it has not been affected by the little “spots” but it is growing a baby?! :scream: Do I re-pot it? I don’t want to stress it out.

13 Likes

Totally normal. A good thing, actually! No need to repot. Once baby plant is big enough, should be able to pluck her away intact. Then you have 2 agave.

Or can leave as-is with no ill effects

3 Likes