People in Recovery and Plants!

i am a pretty new plant mama, only about a year — but these babies make me so happy! as you can see i’m a musician and they just hang out with me while i’m creating and always give me great vibes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they’re so pure and bountiful and beautiful and innocent. lol it’s a great reflection to have around us :heart::pray:t3::sparkles:

27 Likes

Perfect combo creativity and plants.

1 Like

Sassy…
Are those flowers at the bottom right rooted?
I would love a flowering house plant but the only one that I know of that may survive my home would be a Christmas cactus. I have zero experience with flowering plants.

Do you mean the yellow daylilies? I picked them. They don’t root in water.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Right and I would have noticed if I had continued my gaze to the vessel they were in. Hahahahah
:joy:

1 Like

Ha!!! Daylilies are nice though, as most of them naturalize, and spread!

2 Likes

I have put it in one of my old booze bottles. The first time a bottle has ever served a higher purpose.

Three Buddhas made of different elements keep it company and watch over me while I work. I am a software need, working on AI and DL applications.

My plant is my reminder of the life I have left behind. Best part is that it doesn’t need any care or maintenance. It’s self sufficient, happy in its loneliness. I wish I could be too.

15 Likes

Looks great!
I love the piece of wood you have the bottle on its cool.

Oh so is this a corn plant too?

It doesn’t like me very much, I have taken a lot of leaves off it. I was thinking to have a look at its roots soon… maybe something is going on with it.
:thinking:

7 Likes

It does look like a corn plant. Less water maybe, more fertilizer and sun. The leaves do get brown and need a trim.

1 Like

Omg, I had no idea I could propagated this plant. I just watched a YouTube video, I will have a jungle in here by the end of summer. Photos to follow.
:joy:

4 Likes

You sure can! That was one of the great things about living in a tropical climate, you could just put a cutting in the ground with zero prep and it would grow more than you ever wanted it to.

Enjoy your new collection!!! You should check out succulents, so easy to propagate!!

2 Likes

Looks like Yucca palm to me and I killed one of mine with too much water and not enough sun.

1 Like

I bought a Monstera and a Dieffenbachia yesterday…
I was feeling some sort of way, and well shopping makes me happy as do plants! Win, win. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

So pretty. I love plants. But being blessed with 4 cats and 2 places to live I cannot take care of them. And we’ll you know cats :smirk_cat: I’ve always meant to check in here. Glad I stopped by.

1 Like

On our way home… what can I say.
:woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

Lovely plants, they get HUGE outside in the tropics and also make nice house plants. Enjoy!!

1 Like

That’s gorgeous.
What is that? The big green and white one.

1 Like

Or “Prayer plants.”
:pray:

1 Like

I’m trying to propagate this spotted begonia. Not a lot of action so far! Fingers crossed.

15 Likes