People in Recovery and Plants!

Oh wow! I absolutely love the layout you did. It’s all so lovely, I want to be there now! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:🪴

1 Like

OHNO! I hope not because I have few of those :unamused:
@PlantLady19 WOW :heart_eyes: I love your shop. Looks amazing!

1 Like

Great job Plant Lady Jessica. I’m glad I stopped by. I’m so happy for you. Doin what you love and doing it sober. So proud of you.
:pray::heart:🪴

1 Like

Thank you all so much!!! You’re support means the world to me!

3 Likes

I am so pleased to see my babies doing well and growing!

This Manjula Pothos (I think) got a pretty new hanger

The Pink Syngonium finally has a pretty pink leaf

And the Tradescantia is taking off after I pinched some parts off and put them back in the pot (thanks @PlantLady19 Jessica!)

I honestly didn’t know what to expect for them in my house this first winter. :green_heart:

11 Likes

When I moved into my place 3yrs ago this was a gift to me. It was about 6in.My daughter told my friend it will be dead soon :rofl: well look at her now!

15 Likes

They’re hardy growers for people who have the knack, and you clearly do! Beautiful!

2 Likes

Thanks I talk to her every day and say how beautiful she is! My kids think I’m nutz… probably am :innocent::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Nope, not nuts…join the plant whisperers club! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Looks great! Whats in the little drawstring bags?

2 Likes

Some of my other babies

14 Likes

It’s a chunky soil mix that most plants do really well in. Eventually I’ll have three mixes but this works for most things.

3 Likes

I just finished cleaning all the plants and telling them how beautiful they were and how they are going to have wonderful new homes soon!

3 Likes

Love it yaasss! They grow brighter and taller! Like they absorb the confident affirmations!

2 Likes

I find it quite hard to grow those tradescantia’s Mine was booming in the summer and now its loosing leaves and after trimming I have only half of it left.

before

Now

Does anyone have some tips on this? :unamused:

3 Likes

How much do you water it?

I only water mine once every two weeks in the winter.

Once they mature a little they do tend to go a bit brown at the center. You can snip the ends and put directly back into the soil to make it bushier in the center if you want.

4 Likes

I love these pics and am going to look you up on Instagram, @PlantLady19. Today I’m headed to the nursery to buy a succulent to perch above my kitchen sink. Cacti are my favorite. Also looking at an asparagus fern that can chill inside during the winter months, then come hang with me outside on my front porch during spring and summer. Any thoughts on those?

3 Likes

Can I play? :grinning:

I brought my very neglected plants home from Cali.
I think the humidity and marine layer kept them alive. They survived the drive with the 6 pets.

I’m not very good with plants because of the way we travel. And maybe my old drunk fuck it attitude :grimacing:

Anyway. I’ve always loved the Christmas cactus because of my sister RIP :pray: she was great with plants. And I’ve been admiring y’all’s.

Mine was pretty old and neglected and I just cut it back to almost nothing.

I think this is a good time of year to cut it back. Especially since it looked like shit. Kelly couldn’t understand why I was bringing such a horrible thing home. It’s locked in the bathroom with my others because my others are poisonous to pets. I just read the Christmas cactus is not poisonous to pets. I wonder if they will nibble on it.

Anyway…. Usually when I start something on a thread here it holds me accountable. I’d love to see what happens.

Any advice is always welcome.

6 Likes

Now these snake plants. I call mother-in-law’s tongue. Actually belonged to my Grammy. I can remember these in her rectangular planter in the kitchen on Appleton St in Lowell back in the early 60’s. When she died Susan, My sister, sent me some bulbs that she cut off them when she took the plants.

They hold a very special place in my heart. And i think I’ve almost killed them countless number of times in Texas. Durango. Cali. And now a new home in AZ. I cut them back too. The pieces that look like hell.

These things are so resilient. Kind of like us ey?
Anyway…. I hope to be able to take better care of my friends. Now I did read these are poisonous to my pets :grimacing:. So they will be locked in the guest bathroom. I leave the lights on sometimes to give them more light. It’s awfully dark in there.

I’ll fix up my 2 succulents next.

9 Likes

My oldest plants are starts from a Christmas cactus my grandmother gave me in the late 70’s.

6 Likes