People in Recovery and Plants!

My Alocasia Polly

8 Likes

How much light is it getting there (time-wise) each day? Is it direct or ambient sunlight?

I see you’re in the UK. It will take as much bright sun as you can give it!

Ahh, it dosnt get much direct sunlight at all. I shall move it now.its never been fed or had leaves cut. A good soaking of water once a week but only sparingly in winter.

The watering is on point. Perfect.

More sun will help! But she doesn’t look too rough to me to begin with, well taken care of :blush:

1 Like

So much new growth on my ginseng ficus already

One of my euphorbia obesa is flowering. They only produce teeny, tiny flowers such as this.

9 Likes

Thanks T :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My son brought this home for my wife on mother’s day 3 years ago. I don’t think this is the kind of plant that is meant to survive, but here we are.

9 Likes

Update on this Dragon Tail I butchered and repotted recently. Repotting has definitely slowed the growth that it was in the middle of but I see progress so thats good.

On the side of the cuttings I just stuck in the soil… not sure. One of them got very wilted very quickly so I put it in water, recently it sprouted a juicy white root out of the water… when it got to the water it went dark so must have been an aerial root. I dont know. They all went black when they went in the water. BUT IT IS BUDDING SOMETHING INTERESTING!!!

And I do see some potential roots starting… microscopic though.

And there is yumy new growth on the main stalk that I took the cutting from.

6 Likes

Finally went in on a pachypodium, “Madagascar Palm”. From Madagascar, if you can believe that.

Already has 2 heads and growing a 3rd. Also sprouting a new limb at the base, teeeny right now.

You need special thick kevlar gloves to handle it. This is a MEAN tree :joy:
If someone breaks into my place, I’m grabbing this guy.

I’ll be able to plant it outside at my future house and it will grow ENORMOUS.

9 Likes

I’m wincing and in pain just looking at it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Went out for milk today and came home with another new addition, its colours just made me feel so warm and happy :green_heart::orange_heart: Philodendron “prince of orange” - highlight of my weekend will be finding a new pot for it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

It’s already gotten me once. I’m a very tactile person so I touch my plants all the time, can’t really help it.

Most, if they get you, feel like a quick prick and adrenaline rush.
This one feels like you’ve been punched or crushed. Like…my hand throbbed for about 10 minutes.

I love it.

2 Likes

Haha not sure if you’re saying you love the pain as well as the plant :laughing:
How enormous is enormous? I googled some pics and they look like they would
make a striking statement piece in the yard when afew are grouped together, might have to buy afew more!

1 Like

20 ft tall (6 meters) when planted outdoors, which I plan to do. Total beast.

It’ll create offshoots on its own (one has already begun) so it will become a gnarly cluster of trees over time.

Should scare off and/or maim any pesky neighborhood kids and door-to-door salespeople.

1 Like

vJjx2jnjxqjahnt4ig

1 Like

I potted the Bill W cuttings yoday and passed one along to a sponsee who reached 6 months clean today. :clap:

Oh, and my Marble Queen Pothos decided she wanted to give my Dragon tail a run for its money…

9 Likes

…what are you going to be? :thinking:

8 Likes

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

xTiN0CNHgoRf1Ha7CM

9 Likes

New pottery from México arrived in the shop last week. I held out for a week, but just couldn’t resist this one. New home for my 2nd plant I bought after moving here.

And a new (baby) pachypodium lamerei, since I’m so obsessed with the big one I got a couple weeks ago.

~1yr old vs ~5yrs old

Word is the owner of the shop was out in CA the last few days and is coming back today with tons and tons of new stuff. Today could be a very expensive day.

10 Likes

They weren’t kidding when they said lots of new plants arriving.

13 Likes