People in Recovery and Plants!

Some premium oxygen available in that shop lol

2 Likes

More new plants…I stood no chance today, although there were plenty others I wanted so some restraint was used :sweat_smile:

I keep my plant budget at half my part-time job check, maximum. Thankfully the employee discount is great. So…TREAT YOSELF.

Walking through the store today among our hundreds of new tropical plants had me feeling like I was in “Predator”.

Pachira Aquatica, AKA Money Tree

Adenium Obesum, AKA Desert Rose! Such amazing plants. I’ve been eyeballing our big ones but they’re all ~$75. We got baby ones in so I jumped on it! One which can be planted outside once I have a yard to do it in, so consider it an investment. Yes, that’s what we’ll call it.

8 Likes

Oh god… I would die. Over and over again daily.

1 Like

Update on flower #1

And there is a #2

9 Likes

Oooooh her new leaf is massive. :drooling_face:

13 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:
Ten characters

2 Likes

Got another baby desert rose yesterday.

The one I got last weekend will produce white flowers. Yesterday’s purchase, red flowers.

Trying to figure out if I want to let them grow unchecked into big, mighty trees…or if I want to bonsai them :thinking:

And this pachypodium a customer bought yesterday had me majorly jealous. What a beauty.

5 Likes

Also, my new pictus splash pothos (which I really need to untangle some more).

I love how the leaves are more like satin instead of waxy/glossy.

9 Likes

Watering day

10 Likes

I get so fucking stoked for watering day!!!

boston-celtics-boston

3 Likes

Flower from one of the large desert roses we have in the shop.

10 Likes

I am terrified but I am going to have a go at air layering…

Look at this insanity!!! G and I have been having a good chuckle because before she sprouted this massive leaf he’d said. “Her leaves arent that big…” and I had defnded her… " shes super young, give her time…"

I’LL SHOW YOU!

9 Likes

I have never known a plant to take so much time and care to bloom.

It must take so much effort because she is not only giving me muliple flowers on each bloom but a beautiful leaf as well!

12 Likes

Simply breathtaking. I’m so glad you’ve shared :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Two weekends in a row I came home with baby desert roses, so I guess it’s only suiting I came home with a mature one today. Grown and raised by a local horticultural “celebrity”, he’s well-known across the country for his work with adeniums like this.

Would usually go for $100+
Perks of working “in the biz”, hooked it for $25 :partying_face:

10 Likes

Gorgeous! And what a hookup you’ve got there - envious!

1 Like

Will you be able to repot that little one coming out the bottom in the second picture? Will it be like the aloe and give you babies?

1 Like

No, this one doesn’t work like that. They are both succulents, but adeniums are more like trees. Those protrusions are the branches

3 Likes

Desperate times call for desperate measures…I neglected my Peperomia Obtusifolia and it got leggy and pale, so I’m starting over with cuttings of what looks healthiest.

9 Likes

The succulent propagations are doing way better than anticipated! Here’s hoping the cold dark winter in an old drafty house doesn’t kill them.

9 Likes